AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal: Enterprise Administrator Support
With the Call Acceptance feature, a user can define criteria that enable certain incoming calls to ring through. All other calls are blocked, and the caller is informed that the user doesn't want to receive the call.
In some cases, you need to set up selective criteria before you assign a feature. With Call Acceptance, you must add selective criteria before it can be used. After you've added criteria, you can edit the feature at any time.
Only active criteria are evaluated as part of your call acceptance settings. (Inactive criteria aren't evaluated.) Active criteria are evaluated in the order listed (alphabetical by description), and call rejection is applied or bypassed based on criteria matches.
Note: If enabled, the Intercept Announcement feature takes precedence over all selective criteria. For details, see Intercept Announcement.
To add or edit Call Acceptance criteria
- From any page in the AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal, click USER MANAGEMENT in the main menu bar. The Users List page appears.
- From the Users List page, click a user's name to open the User Details page.
On the Inbound Features tab of the User Details page, in the Available for User column, make sure that the feature availability is set to Yes.
For instructions on how to set availability, see About Inbound Call Features.
Caution: If you give a user access to a particular feature, remove that user's access to the feature, and then later restore the user's access, all settings created through the edit process, including saved criteria, will be lost.
- Click Call Acceptance. The Call Acceptance page appears.
- To add new criteria, click Add Criteria at the upper-right of the Call Acceptance section. The Add Call Acceptance Criteria page appears.
Note: To edit an existing item, under Actions, click the Edit icon . The Edit Call Acceptance Criteria page appears.
- In the Description field, change or enter the criteria name, and then set Status to Active if you want this criteria to be considered. To use this feature, at least one criteria must be active. To set up criteria to be used later, set the status to Inactive.
- At the right of Current Schedule, select one of these options:
- To use the default schedule (Every Day All Day), select Default Schedule.
- To choose a custom schedule, select Custom Schedule, then click Select Schedule. The Select Schedule window appears.
- Search or browse for the schedule you want. To select the schedule, click the Select icon in the Action column. That schedule is now selected.
- Set Accept Call(s) from. Select one of these options:
- Accept calls from Any Phone Number—The system accepts a call from anyone.
- Accept Calls from the Following Phone Numbers—Specifies who to accept calls from.
To specify a phone number, select one or any combination of these settings:
Any Anonymous Number, and/or
Any Unavailable Number, and/or
If you select Specific Number(s), in the Phone Number field, enter a phone number.
- To enter the first number, click Add a Number.
- To add each subsequent number, click Add a Number again.
You can add up to 12 numbers. Numbers can be up to 20 digits long. No phone number format validation is enforced. You must enter public numbers in the North American Numbering Plan as 10 digits without domestic prefix or country code.
International numbers entries are allowed and must start with + or 011.
You can't block numbers from within your enterprise from reaching this user. Extensions aren't allowed.
Wildcard characters are allowed:
- An asterisk (*) matches any sequence of digits. An asterisk can be used only at the end of a number entry, and can't be used to replace the entire number. For example:
- A question mark (?) matches any single digit anywhere within a Specific Number entry. It can even replace the first digit of the number. For example:
- When you've finished adding numbers, click Add. A message confirms the change. You can now edit the criteria you've just created or add more criteria.
- To create exceptions to the rules you've created, at the upper-right of the Regardless of above settings never accept calls matching section, click Add Criteria. The Add Call Acceptance Criteria page appears. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
Note: If you enter the same number in Accept Calls Matching and Regardless of above settings never accept calls matching, the Accept Calls Matching setting takes precedence and calls from that number will be accepted.
After you've added selective criteria, set the Call Acceptance feature for the user.
To set Call Acceptance
- On the Inbound Features tab of the User Details page, under Action at the right of Call Acceptance, click the Edit icon . The Call Acceptance page appears.
- Under Active in the Accept calls matching section, check the checkbox for the setting you want.
Note: Checkboxes are available only when the page is in Edit mode.
- In the Regardless of above settings never accept calls matching section, check the checkbox for the setting you want. (Optional)
- To edit a setting, under Actions, click the Edit icon .
- Click Save. A message confirms the change.
Call Acceptance: Related Topics