AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal: Enterprise Administrator Support
Call Forwarding - Busy
The Call Forwarding – Busy feature enables a user to redirect an incoming call to another number when it encounters a busy condition. The line is considered to be busy when too many active calls come through at once or when Call Acceptance or Call Rejection is in use.
Call Forwarding – Busy settings are superseded by Call Forwarding – Selective Call Acceptance, and Call Rejection (if their selective criteria are set).
Note: If enabled, the Intercept Announcement feature takes precedence over all other active features. For details, see Intercept Announcement.
Forwarded callers are treated according to the Forward Calls to phone number's settings. For example, if the forwarded call isn't answered, callers may be prompted to leave voicemail for the forwarded phone number, not for the first phone number.
To set Call Forwarding – Busy
- From any page in the AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal, click USER MANAGEMENT in the main menu bar. The Users List page appears.
- From the Users List page, click a user’s name to open the User Details page.
- On the Inbound Features tab of the User Details page, make sure that the feature availability is set to Yes.
For instructions on how to set availability, see About Inbound Call Features.
Caution: If you give a user access to a particular feature, remove that user’s access to the feature, and then restore the user’s access, all settings created through the edit process will be lost.
- At the right of Call Forwarding – Busy, click the Edit icon in the Action column. The Edit Call Forwarding Busy page appears.
- To turn call forwarding on, select Enable to the right of Call Forwarding Busy Status.
- In the Forward Calls to field, enter the number to which calls will be forwarded.
Note: Before you can enter a phone number in the Forward Calls to field, you must select Enable to the right of Call Forwarding Busy Status.
The Forward Calls to number must be a phone number that's accessible based on this user's outgoing dialing restrictions.
- Click Save. A message confirms the change.