AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal: Enterprise Administrator Support
Call Forwarding - Selective
The Call Forwarding – Selective feature enables you to define criteria that cause certain incoming calls to be redirected to another phone number. If an incoming call meets the specified criteria, the call is redirected to the specified number.
Forwarded calls are treated according to the Forward Calls to phone number's settings. For example, if the forwarded call isn't answered, callers may be prompted to leave voicemail for the forwarded phone number, not for the phone number originally called.
Note: If enabled, the Intercept Announcement feature takes precedence over all other active features and selective criteria. For details, see Intercept Announcement.
You must set criteria before you can set up Call Forwarding – Selective, and you must set a Call Forwarding number before you can set criteria.
To add or edit Call Forwarding – Selective criteria
Prepare to add criteria
- From any page in the AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal, click USER MANAGEMENT in the main menu bar. The Users List page appears.
- From the Users List page, click a user's name to open the User Details page.
- On the Features tab of the User Details page, make sure that the feature availability is set to Yes.
For instructions on how to set availability, see About Inbound Call Features.
Caution: If you give a user access to a particular feature, remove that user's access to the feature, and then restore the user's access, all settings created through the edit process, including saved criteria, will be lost.
- At the right of Call Forwarding – Selective, click the Edit icon in the Action column. The Call Forwarding Selective page appears.
- Set the Call Forwarding Selection Status value to Enable.
- In the Default call forward to field, enter the number where calls will be forwarded.
- Check Play ring reminder when a call is forwarded (Optional). (Ring reminders cause the forward-to phone to ring once whenever a call is forwarded.)
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Add (or edit) criteria
- To add new criteria, click Add Criteria at the upper-right of the Forward Calls Matching section. The Add Call Forwarding Selective Criteria page appears.
Note: To edit an existing item, click the Edit icon in the Actions column. The Edit Call Forwarding Selective page appears.
- In the Description field, change or enter the criteria name, and then set Status to Active. To use the feature, at least one criteria must be active. To set up criteria to be used at some other time, set the status to Inactive.
- Set Forward Call(s) from. Select one of these choices:
- Forward calls from Any Phone Number—Calls from anyone will be forwarded.
- Forward Calls from the Following Phone Numbers—Specifies whose calls are forwarded. You can specify a phone number by selecting one or more of these settings: Any Anonymous Number, Any Unavailable Number, Specific Number(s).
With Specific Number(s), enter a phone number in the Phone Number field.
- To enter the first phone number, click Add a Number and enter the number.
- To add each subsequent number, click Add a Number again.
You can add up to 12 phone numbers. Numbers can be up to 20 digits long, and no phone number format validation is enforced. You must enter public numbers in the North American Numbering Plan as 10 digits without domestic prefix or country code.
International numbers entries are allowed and must start with + or 011.
You can't block numbers from within your enterprise from reaching this user.
Extensions aren't allowed.
Wildcard characters are allowed:
- An asterisk (*) matches any sequence of digits. An asterisk can be used only at the end of a number entry, and can't be used to replace the entire number. For example:
- A question mark (?) matches any single digit anywhere within a Specific Number entry. It can even replace the first digit of the number. For example:
When you've finished adding numbers, click Add. A message confirms the change.
- Edit the criteria you've just created, or add more criteria. At the top of the page, click Go back to Call Forwarding – Selective.
- To create exceptions to the rules you've created, at the upper-right of the Regardless of above settings never forward calls matching section, click Add Criteria. The Add Call Forwarding - Selective Criteria page appears. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
Note: If you enter the same number in Forward Calls Matching and Regardless of above settings never forward calls matching, the Forward Calls Matching setting takes precedence and calls from that number will be forwarded.
After you've set Call Forwarding – Selective criteria, you're ready to set the feature.
To set Call Forwarding – Selective
- On the Features tab of the User Details page, in the Action column, click the Edit icon at the right of Call Forwarding – Selective. (Or, if you've just finished adding or editing criteria, at the top of the page click Go back to Call Forwarding – Selective.) The Edit Call Forwarding Selective page appears.
- In the Forward Calls Matching section, under Active, verify that at least one checkbox is checked next to the criteria you want to be considered.
Note: Checkboxes are available only when the page is in Edit mode.
- In the Regardless of above settings never forward calls matching section, under Active, check the checkbox next to the setting you want. (Optional)
- Click Save. A message confirms the change, and the user can now use the feature.
Call Forwarding - Selective: Related Topics