What is McAfee Endpoint Protection with AT&T?
Get the cybersecurity solution that guards against viruses, worms, Trojans, targeted attacks, and spyware
Here’s a statistic that should give any small business pause: The cost of worldwide cybercrime will hit $6 trillion annually by 2021.1 Cybercrime costs include damage and destruction of data, stolen money, lost productivity, theft of intellectual property, theft of personal and financial data, and more.
Perhaps you’ve never heard of “endpoints,” but they are particularly susceptible to cybercrime now. For McAfee Endpoint Protection, endpoints include desktops, laptops, and servers on Windows or macOS operating systems. Unfortunately, they grew increasingly vulnerable to attack with the rise of COVID-19 and the transition to a remote workforce. There has been a 41% increase in sensitive data on endpoints since the pandemic began.2
Cybercriminals can easily attack endpoints that have unpatched software. One recent study found that 60% of breaches can be linked to a vulnerability where a patch was available, but not applied.3 The good news is that you can effortlessly provide some measure of protection simply by downloading and installing critical security updates.
Many products are available to help protect endpoints, too. For example, McAfee® Endpoint Protection with AT&T can help protect desktops, laptops, and servers from dangerous threats, including viruses, worms, Trojans, targeted attacks, spyware, and more. McAfee Corporation provisions the solution and AT&T Business provides installation and U.S.-based tech support.
The various modules of McAfee Endpoint Protection give you broad protection, so you don't have to manage multiple services from different providers. This integrated security solution combines virus, spyware, browser, and firewall protection into one.
How does McAfee Endpoint Protection with AT&T work?
McAfee Endpoint Protection with AT&T is software as a service (SaaS) that protects your Windows® or Macintosh® computers and servers. You manage the service via a cloud-based portal, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO™). Backed by McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (McAfee GTI), your McAfee solution is continuously updated with the latest threat intelligence from sources around the globe. It's version less and requires little manual management.
How can your business benefit?
- Powerful protection. McAfee Endpoint Protection with AT&T is a cloud-based service that is on guard with protection for known and newly emerging threats, powered by McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI). McAfee GTI gives users visibility across all threat vectors—file, web, message, and network—and a view into the latest vulnerabilities.
- Flexible security on your terms. Manage all your desktops and laptops from virtually anywhere with an easy-to-use cloud-based management console.
- Low cost of ownership. The low-cost monthly subscription automates security scanning to help reduce your software licensing costs, hardware investment, and need for dedicated IT staff.
- AT&T Support. White-glove support is included with every subscription. AT&T Business provides U.S.-based 24x7 professional technical support to help you with installation, guidance on how to use it, and ongoing customer care.
- Web protection/filtering. The solution blocks threats before they're downloaded and guides your users toward safer browsing through education and warnings, safety ratings for search results and websites, customizable URL content filtering, and website whitelists/blacklists. The web security features give you the controls needed to help your users more safely navigate the internet.
- Scalable. Easily scale the service by adding or removing devices as your needs change.
Worldwide cybercrime costs will hit $6 trillion annually by 2021. Learn how to protect your small business from bad actors.Share this quote
Use case: Retail
Problem: During downtime, employees surf the web on your business’s desktop computer. Your machinery is exposed to dangerous or inappropriate websites.
Solution: McAfee® Endpoint Protection with AT&T comes with a web filtering module to prevent threats by authorizing or blocking dangerous or inappropriate websites. It warns users before they visit sites that could introduce viruses and malware.
Outcome: Your business avoids a costly cyberattack. You can stay focused on running your business instead of untangling the mess created by identity theft or stolen credit card information.
Use case: Doctor’s office
Problem: During a telemedicine appointment, a patient asks the doctor how two prescription drugs interact with each other. The doctor uses a web search engine to quickly research the question.
Solution: McAfee® Endpoint Protection with AT&T provides safety ratings next to each search result.
Outcome: The doctor avoids introducing malware that could create a work stoppage at her practice. She continues giving life-saving prescription advice to her patients instead of stopping to manage a cybersecurity crisis.
We’re here for you
Are you a small-to-medium business seeking to protect endpoints such as desktops, laptops, and servers? Contact us today. We have professionals who can demystify the technology for you and get you up and running with emerging technology and other solutions for your business.
AT&T Business is here to help small businesses in a big way. Our Tech Demystified series can help you decide what products and services will work best for your business. To learn more, visit McAfee Endpoint Protection with AT&T or contact your local sales representative.