Please note: Only subscribing toll-free numbers can be accessed internationally without charge. If you hear a prompt for a calling card number when you dial from abroad, that toll-free number does not subscribe to this international service. Simply hang up to avoid being charged for the call.
Here's how to call a toll-free number from outside the U.S.
- Select the country from which you are dialing -- and note the corresponding AT&T Direct Access Number. (Canada, Guam and Saipan do not require an access code to call a U.S.-based toll-free number.)
- Make sure you have an outside line.
- Dial the AT&T Direct Access Number on your telephone. For example, in Germany, it is 0-800-2255-288
- Once you enter the AT&T Direct Access Number, an English-language voice prompt or an AT&T Operator will ask you to enter the 800, 866, 877 or 888 number you are calling
- Dial the toll-free (800, 866, 877 or 888) number you wish to reach -- for example: 800-123-4567. There is no need to dial "1" before the toll-free number
Create a Link
Give your customers easy access to the AT&T International Toll-Free Dialing Guide from your company website.