Boost your in-building mobility coverage
The connected workplace
Employees, customers, and visitors expect to be able to use their wireless devices wherever they go. Building materials, geography, and structures may impede the cellular network signal within your workplace interfering with your ability to ensure employee productivity and customer satisfaction. Employees need to complete business critical functions without worrying about missed or dropped business calls or interrupted data downloads.
What is AT&T MetroCell
Now you can respond to the needs of customers and associates using an AT&T MetroCell to boost coverage for AT&T devices up to “5 bars” in areas where you have “dead zones” or indoor coverage holes. The AT&T MetroCell 9962 is a low power, small cell tower and base station that extends AT&T coverage within your building. It provides the needed scale, network handoff and ease of installation for nearly foolproof setup, by connecting it to the mobility core network via a secure Internet Protocol tunnel through any type of broadband internet access. All you’ll need is an available Ethernet port on a router or switch with sufficient available bandwidth to support the traffic that will be carried over the AT&T MetroCell.
Simplicity and control
We make it simple
The AT&T MetroCell 9962 measures 14”H x 13”W x 4.25”D and weighs only 10.8 lbs. Installation is as easy as:
- Unpacking and inspecting your AT&T MetroCell kit
- Mounting and installing the device
- Confirming your transport settings per the technical guide
- Connecting power and Ethernet cables
- Activating and testing
Don’t worry, AT&T will also provide telephone support for any of your installation or usage questions, and on-site installation is available upon request at an additional cost.
You have the control
You can manage your AT&T MetroCell online. Log into the website and instantly have access to:
- Activate and deactivate your AT&T MetroCell device.
- Manage basic functions of the MetroCell.
- View monthly performance reports.
- Move the MetroCell to a new business location
- View product information, troubleshooting tips, and product manuals.
- View and update business contact information
- Receive alarm notifications by email when the device is offline
Users can also manage the public or private access of their AT&T MetroCell via an “open” or “closed” mode. When the AT&T MetroCell mode is set to “open,” everyone with an AT&T device can connect to the AT&T MetroCell and benefit from the improved in-building coverage. When set to “closed,” only an approved list of AT&T subscribers can access your AT&T MetroCell, helping you better manage security and bandwidth.
Benefits and features
- Increase your employees' ability to be productive
- Improve the wireless experience for your customers and visitors
- Easy to self-install
- Security you control by managing who accesses your MetroCell
- Cost efficient
- Each MetroCell is a small base station radiating AT&T spectrum.
- Uses an Ethernet connection to the IP network for data transport
- Operates either in open mode, or in closed mode with an approved user list
- Each MetroCell:
- Serves up to 96 simultaneous sessions (32 3G/HSPA+, 64LTE)1- Covers up to 15,000 sq. ft.2
- Add up to 3 total MetroCell devices per physical address to
- Serve up to 288 simultaneous sessions (96 3G/HSPA+, 192 LTE)1- Cover up to 45,000 sq. ft.2
1Subject to available bandwidth
2Subject to any obstructions or interference present
AT&T MetroCell Kit
(Non-recurring charge per single trip)
Important Information *Prices do not include taxes, fees and surcharges. Prices are subject to change. AT&T MetroCell as described herein (“MetroCell”) is available only to AT&T’s eligible customers with a qualified AT&T agreement (“Qualified Agreement”). MetroCell is subject to the Qualified Agreement, the terms below and the terms and conditions that will be presented prior to MetroCell activation. Any service discounts, equipment discounts, and/ or other discounts set forth in the Qualified Agreement do not apply to MetroCell. Any problems that arise with customer’s service related to customer-provided broadband, wireless, Wi-Fi, dial, or any other type of Internet connectivity will be customer’s responsibility. In addition to customer’s obligations to comply with applicable law, it is customer’s responsibility to obtain and remain in compliance with the necessary authorizations, licenses and permissions. Measured wireless service usage incurred in connection with MetroCell will be charged as specified in the associated wireless service plan. Additional fees, charges, taxes and restrictions may apply. MetroCell may not be available for purchase in all sales channels or in all areas, and may not be accessible at all times. Coverage is not available in all areas. AT&T wireless coverage maps are available at www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer. Wireless service is subject to transmission limitations and terrain, system, capacity and other limitations. AT&T MetroCells may not be used as an RF source for a Distributed Antenna System. Availability, security, speed, delivery, timeliness, accuracy and reliability of information and services are not guaranteed by AT&T. Additional hardware, software, service and/or network connection may be required. Offer and pricing subject to change. Please see your AT&T Account Representative for further details.
Connect and engage
READY TO BUY?
Call us about Mobility Services for your business.
We can help with your payment, billing, repair, or account questions.
Access help now
Your feedback will help us to improve AT&T Enterprise so you continue to have a great experience when visiting us!This survey is conducted by an independent company ForeSee for AT&T.