How to choose the best network for your IoT project
Experts predict that in coming years, IoT projects could unlock trillions of dollars of value
Many companies – maybe yours – are rushing to take advantage of the promise of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Experts predict that in coming years, IoT projects could unlock trillions of dollars of value for businesses in the form of more innovative services, energy efficiency, and increased productivity. But in the push to create the next great IoT app, companies and developers could overlook a major factor: the network.
It’s not enough simply to connect to the Internet of Things. Success in the IoT marketplace ultimately could depend not on your device or app, but on choosing the right wireless network technology to successfully serve an incredibly complex and constantly evolving market.
Looking at your network options
To help you determine which wireless technology can provide optimum support for your IoT projects, AT&T recently compared available network options—broadband cellular, low-power wide-area, and satellite.
We compiled our findings in a whitepaper report titled “What you need to know about IoT wide area networks: How to choose the right WAN technology for the Internet of Things.”
This concise, comprehensive paper provides insights that could help you build out a network that’s well-suited for your company’s future IoT development. Our report includes:
- An overview and brief history of each type of network
- A look at the advantages each brings to your IoT deployment
- Our perspective on the scenarios for which each network is best suited
- A listing and explanation of 10 important factors to consider when choosing a network type for an IoT device
- An easy-to-read matrix that can help you quickly compare and assess the different networks
Download the report to learn more about how to pick the best network type for your IoT devices.