Better protect patient data and your organization’s reputation
How AT&T helps protect healthcare organizations from hackers. [1:24]
Data can help save lives. Left under-protected, however, it can also harm your organization.
Healthcare providers handle massive amounts of highly sensitive information daily. What's more, many organizations rely on paper-based processes or legacy technology systems which can easily be compromised by hackers and thieves. AT&T Healthcare cybersecurity solutions helps defend your data and better protect your enterprise.
If you're unsure if your organization's data is at risk, you should assume the worst. Since 2010, the healthcare records of approximately 150 million Americans have been compromised.1 In August of 2016 alone, more than 87 million employee health records had been exposed or stolen.2
AT&T Healthcare cybersecurity solutions can help you contain risk, embrace change, and anticipate threats with HIPAA-compliant innovation. Our unparalleled visibility into the unique data patterns and rapidly evolving threat activity across our global network helps defend your patients' data, your organization's reputation, and ultimately your revenue.
The security threat is real
Key facts about cybersecurity and healthcare from Ponemon Institute 3:
The estimated cost of data breaches to the healthcare industry
The percentage of healthcare organizations in 2016 that had a data breach during the previous two years
The percentage of organizations with more than five data breaches during the previous two years
The average cost of healthcare data breaches
AT&T Healthcare cybersecurity solutions
Highly reliable, highly secure access to the cloud
- Protect mission critical systems and endpoints from malware and other threats with security tools deployed in the cloud.
- Access cloud resources securely from virtually any device while avoiding the public Internet via the AT&T MPLS core backbone, minimizing security risks.
- Provide end-to-end encryption for email security.
Advanced security strategies
- Enlist AT&T security consulting and managed services to design, deliver, and manage your cybersecurity
- Comply with regulatory guidelines for Meaningful Use, HIPAA, PCI, ISO and NIST.
Highly secure and consistent access from mobile assets
Network, mobile and voice security
10 steps to help tighten security in your organization
- Conduct a holistic third-party audit
- Use your network and security tools to identify attacks, control data flow, and mitigate and control disruptions
- Protect your endpoints
- Structure and segregate your data access
- Deploy user-behavior analytics
- Analyze inbound and outbound traffic
- Test the system regularly for vulnerabilities
- Train your people
- Manage your vendors and associates
- Create your breach response plan and regularly reassess
1. JAMA, Data Breaches of Protected Health Information in the United States, April 2015; Forbes, Data Breaches In Healthcare Totaled Over 112 Million Records In 2015, December 31, 2015;
2. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Civil Rights Breach Portal, February, 2017.
3. Ponemon, Sixth Annual Benchmark Study on Privacy & Security of Healthcare Data, May 2016
Connect and engage
READY TO BUY?
Call us about Healthcare for your business.
We can help with your payment, billing, repair, or account questions.
Access help now
Your feedback will help us to improve AT&T Enterprise so you continue to have a great experience when visiting us!This survey is conducted by an independent company ForeSee for AT&T.