More than just the opportunity to pay cash for energy services, customers also want to pay when they want, how they want, and where they want. Prepaid Billing is an AT&T Smart Cities solution that offers utility companies and their customers flexible payment options for energy services.
With Prepaid Billing, utilities can drive higher customer satisfaction, energy conservation, and lower utility operating costs. Pay-as-you-go solutions also help customers manage their energy spend and usage of electricity, natural gas, or water.
Benefits of Prepaid Billing
- Lower customer care and other operating costs
- Reduced debts and write-offs
- Cost of meter removal can be eliminated
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Service differentiation
- Payment location convenience and flexibility for customers
- More control over energy consumption and management
- Freedom to pay anytime, anywhere from mobile devices, Web, or IVRs
Prepaid billing features
Prepaid billing is a fully managed, cloud-based solution that expands the offerings you can provide to customers. With this solution, you can offer pre- and post-pay as well as gain access to a variety of important features:
- Mobile payment options for Web-enabled and smart phones
- Text messaging capabilities:
- 2-way opt-in capability
- Pay bills via text messages
- Service notifications
- Customer management and service portal
Prepaid Billing is a cost-effective solution. Hosted in the cloud, it lowers the burden and cost of centralized servers. Even more, it eliminates the burden of “polling” all meters daily specifically to accomplish a prepay read.
Single payment source
To simplify billing, choose a single utility payment processor that can process prepaid and traditional post-pay services. AT&T offers flexible payment processing that reduces your interfaces and headaches.
Lower your operating costs and get revenues to the bottom line faster. AT&T is a payment processor and a developer of cloud applications. Because of this experience, we understand what it means to link together the appropriate payment vehicles for Prepaid Billing. We’re here to help.
Prepay pricing models are easy for utilities and their customers. Ask us about them by completing this information form.
Our Prepaid Billing solution leverages a smart grid infrastructure and includes four major components:
- Scalable, hosted prepaid billing application
- Smart Grid meter with disconnect switch
- Payment interfaces: mobile device, web portal, IVR, kiosk, walk up centers
- Prepaid and post-pay payment settlement processing
Your feedback will help us to improve AT&T Enterprise so you continue to have a great experience when visiting us!This survey is conducted by an independent company ForeSee for AT&T.
Pioneering is not a solo effort.
While we're proud of all of our accomplishments, we're always keenly aware of how they come to fruition: By listening to our customers. We make it a point to understand your challenges before proposing any solutions. And that goes double in the Internet of Things. Only when we work together can we truly pioneer a better future.