Synaptic Storage as a Service
With AT&T Synaptic Storage as a ServiceSM, storing your data couldn’t be easier. Or more cost-effective. Synaptic Storage as a Service is a virtualized on-demand storehouse that easily scales up and down to any size your enterprise needs and allows you to pay only for the storage you use.
Simply sign up, connect, and go. And, because Synaptic Storage as a Service is “cloud based,” you can access your stored data from anywhere, anytime, through your web services applications.
Of course, it’s critical to keep stored data safe. Organizations can feel comfortable using Synaptic Storage as a Service because it taps AT&T’s global network security and it embeds defense against distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS). Plus, AT&T's global network helps ensure predictable performance for your applications and users.
Another key benefit is avoiding storage-related capital outlays. Instead, you pay as a monthly operating expense. You sidestep procurement headaches, setup costs, and time delays whenever you need more storage because Synaptic Storage as a Service keeps stretching as you pack data inside. Expand your capacity on the spot, and later, shrink storage consumption if you need to. Either way, you pay only for what you use.
And you can add on Synaptic Storage as a Service no matter where or how your primary data is hosted—in your own data center, with AT&T, or with a third party.
With Synaptic Storage as a Service, you can count on the same reliable, high-performance service customers have come to expect from AT&T.
What You Get with AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service
- Adaptive storage that expands or contracts in real time to accommodate the amount of data inside.
- Automatic replication of your data on a predetermined schedule.
- A policy-based process for specifying storage criteria. You can place copies of data in one or two geographic locations, depending on your needs,
- Web services-based access so users can upload or retrieve data anywhere, anytime, from any device connected to the Internet.
- The option of creating your own private, consolidated storehouse connected over your corporate network.
- Pay-for-what-you-use pricing that includes storage capacity, network, and security services.
- Access to your storage backed by a service level agreement of 99.9% availability.
- A unified global namespace for easy administration of your stored data assets.
- AT&T’s experience with global network security and defense embedded against distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS).
Setting Up Synaptic Storage as a Service
Getting started with AT&T Storage as a Service is incredibly easy. Here are the steps:
- Order it. Sign up for the service on our website or contact your AT&T Account Representative.
- Write to the application programming interface (API). Connect your existing application with a virtual Synaptic Storage as a Service container.
- Set policies. Choices are:
- Policy 1: Two local copies of data to be stored in one location (base solution).
- Policy 2: Base solution plus one additional copy of data to be stored in a geographically separate location.
- Assign project codes. (Optional.) Set a project code for each policy so you can charge storage costs back to internal business units or customers, if desired.
- Use it. Start using the AT&T Synaptic Storage as a Service platform. As you add or remove data, your capacity adjusts automatically. View and monitor your storage consumption via the customer portal.
- Usage-based pricing
- Scalable on demand as your storage requirements fluctuate
- Two pre-defined storage policies to choose from
- Accessible online from anywhere via an application program interface
- Enterprise-grade network security features
- Portal with developer toolkit and storage usage status
- Access to your storage backed by an SLA of 99.9%
- Avoid upfront capital expenditures
- Sidestep planning challenges by tapping elastic storage capacity
- Save time and hassles with a one-time procurement and setup process
- Meet peak demand without over provisioning and shrink storage as needed without paying penalties
- Supplement your other storage systems for cost-effective data retention
- Adapt to changing business needs simply and flexibly