AT&T Wavelength Services enable you to cost-effectively access AT&T's high-speed, fiber-optic network infrastructure to transport large amounts of data between metropolitan area networks.
UVN is available nationwide. WaveMAN and MONRing are available in AT&T’s 13-state footprint
WaveMANSM service is a point-to-point data transport service for interconnection to interLATA, interstate networks. It uses a Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing (CWDM) signal over fiber and provides a more cost-effective local network connection than traditional networks. WaveMAN service splits the signal into multiple wavelengths that travel on a single strand of fiber.
WaveMAN service connects intraLATA networks to long-haul services and provides interconnection handoffs of intraLATA SONET and Interexchange Carrier Optical Wave service at SONET interface levels of 2.5 Gbps and 10 Gbps. This connection reduces the cost of SONET investment when interconnecting with long-haul service. WaveMAN service is ideal for MAN-to-WAN interconnection, consolidation of network circuitry and exchanging detailed data files.
WaveMAN service provides benefits such as:
- Ability to combine multiple connections onto a single fiber; thus reducing
your communications cost per bandwidth;
- 24x7 circuit provisioning providing you with the ability to adjust service
bandwidth to meet your needs; and
- Connection options to other optical network solutions such as SONET. In
some cases, circuits terminate in the same rack/shelf as existing services such
as FibreMANSM service and GigaMAN
MON Ring Service
Multi-service Optical Network (MON) Ring service provides high-volume optical transport using Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) technology in a dedicated ring configuration. With DWDM, fiber-optic cable transmits multiple data signals using different wavelengths of light over a single network. MON Ring service provides multiple interface options to meet your native data transport needs. You maintain a more efficient network by eliminating the need for expensive protocol conversion devices.
MON Ring service provides benefits such as:
- End-to-end performance and alarm monitoring;
- A wide range of optical protocols; and
- Enhanced network survivability by protecting the optical layer.
MON Ring service is suitable for such demanding applications as:
- Mainframe or Data Center mirroring;
- Data Center connectivity;
- Storage Area Network connections; and
- Disaster Recovery
Ultravailable Network (UVN)
Ultravailable® Network Service (UVN) is a fully managed, custom Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) / SONET-based solution for interconnecting data centers or business sites in a highly reliable and secure metropolitan area network (MAN) environment. AT&T will engineer a high availability network to a customer's specifications to support business continuity and reliability. This highly secure fiber optic MAN provides the communication path between a customer premises and AT&T POP / AT&T Local Network Services (LNS) nodes, or a third party fiber provider's nodes.
UVN allows different types of data protocols to be carried over an optical channel and transmitted through protected equipment. AT&T's diversely routed fiber network provides redundancy in the event of a fiber cut or equipment failure. UVN provides customers with a fully-managed alternative to dark fiber and a comprehensive network solution, in addition to:
- Diverse connections to AT&T points of presence
- Secure private communications network
- Protocol-independent service channels
- No single point of failure
- Scalable design to meet changing infrastructure requirements
- Reliability engineered to application requirements and client risk profiles
Available in Bandwidth/Speeds: OC-3, OC-12, OC-48 and OC-192
Supported Protocols: Native IT (ESCON, FICON, GigE, D1, FDD1);1 & 2GB Fiber Channel; DS-1/ DS-3; OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, and OC-192 bandwidths; Fast Ethernet; Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, ISC; D1 Video; ETR; and SONET
Ultravailable® Service Option2
Ultravailable® Service Option2 offers the same speeds and features as Ultravailable® Network, with a maximum 6 node configuration. Ultravailable® Service Option 2 is targeted toward:
- Mid-size enterprise customers
- Clients with traditional OC48 & OC192 ACCU-Ring requirements needing additional bandwidth and services
- Existing ACCU-Ring customers who require DWDM or other services not currently offered on ACCU-Ring, such as FICON, ESCON, etc.
UVN Network Management and Performance Features include:
- Network Operations Center (NOC) redundancy
- Event Correlation and Root Cause Analysis
- Power Levels
- Node Connectivity
- Ultravailable® Network View
- Vendor EMS
- WEB Portal Ultravailable® Network View
- Trap Feed (Raw and Correlated)
- Point and Click Optical Provisioning
- Circuit & Equipment Inventory Reports
- SONET Bandwidth Utilization
- Capacity Planning
- TDM Support
- Hard Quality of Service (QoS)
- Storage Networking - Hosting Support
Benefits of UVN and UV2 services are:
- Business continuity for mission-critical operations
- Availability 24X7 to customers and partners
- High-speed transport with low latency, for access to large databases and transaction-intense applications
- Real-time network monitoring
- Reduced network complexity
- Improved network performance
- Ability to easily scale bandwidth and provision incremental services
- Improved ability to comply with industry and government standards for information access and protection
- Opportunities to reduce infrastructure and operating costs
- Seamless end-to-end integration
- Non-disruptive upgrading of service and capacity
- Consolidation of multiple DS-x and OC-x circuits
- Converged DWDM & Sonet technology and management scalability
UVN Customer Benefits and Business Applications are:
- Disk mirroring over Fiber Channel or FICON for customer's Business Continuity requirements between two customer locations.
- Enterprise server fail-over using Enterprise Systems Connection (ESCON) technology for Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex between two customer locations.
- Server fail-over for Unix / Linux / NT servers over GigE between two customer locations.
- LAN Bridging in the Metro, Regional, or Wide-Area over GigE between multiple customer locations.
- Broadcast Video Distribution over D1 or HDTV Digital Video between a Broadcast center and satellite locations.
- Access strategy to AT&T's connectivity and transport services.
- Consolidation of low bandwidth services (DS-X, OC-X).
- Provides clients the means for Resilient Packet Rings (RPR) - OPT-E-RING
- IDC Interconnect