Wi-Fi Services for Campuses
AT&T Wi-Fi Services is dedicated to providing end to end connectivity resources for a variety of customers, including education. We’re using the strength of our global organization, along with our experience, innovation, financial stability, and quality in the industry to benefit your campus, your faculty, your staff and your students. With more than 20,000 U.S. venues served, AT&T is making the Internet accessible in more places than ever before.
AT&T already has a presence as a premier Wi-Fi provider in a number of campus environments including colleges and universities. Our experience of providing guest access and other services is evidenced by the more than 20,000 U.S. hot spot locations we support. We can be your full service provider from transport to application enablement, program management, project management, installation, maintenance, care, and integrated solutions.
As Wi-Fi device users grow, so do our connections. Through the third quarter of 2009, there were 51 million connections to the AT&T network, more than 50% of which were connections from integrated devices such as the iPhone and Blackberry Bold. In all of 2008, AT&T had 20 million connections to the network. This means growth in the usage of Wi-Fi, and shows a trend of future connectivity expectations by your faculty, staff and students.
It’s more than just laptop connections – we enable it all. AT&T enables several smart phones with Wi-Fi capabilities, the new driver for Wi-Fi connections at AT&T Hot Spots.
- AT&T’s exclusive Wi-Fi enabled smart phones include the Apple iPhone™ and Blackberry Bold™ products.
- Currently, AT&T has more than 26.4 million integrated device customers.
AT&T is financially strong. Working with AT&T during this uncertain economic time means consistency and reliability. AT&T is an operationally sound, consistently reliable, proven performer, with tremendous marketing resources. AT&T plans to invest between $17 billion and $18 billion this year (2009), two-thirds of which is being used to expand and upgrade its networks.
On-campus marketing and services. As your students, faculty and visitors become accustomed to accessing Wi-Fi when on campus, you can use Wi-Fi as another touch point to:
- Communicate events and university services
- Enhance the student customer experience
- Implement wireless, cashless transactions for special events and remote sales
- Provide Internet access and cashless transactions for in-store kiosks, such as DVD rental, coin counters, and film processing devices
- Create applications for internal use (registration, surveys, cashless wireless transactions, etc.) that shape the university experience
- Develop location based services (campus specific)
Superior customer service. Our call center and network operations center are available around the clock, and ready to support your users’ questions while ensuring your network is monitored closely 24x7.
More than just public access. We can ensure the private side applications (such as voice and data applications, security cameras, kiosks, etc.) on your campus run seamlessly due to AT&T’s networking and transport services that are monitored around the clock.