IPSec VPNPrivately transmit data to other sites using IPSec tunnels.
Leverage IPSec in a hybrid VPN
When properly configured, both IPSec and MPLS VPNs provide appropriate levels of network privacy and security for enterprise business use, but they are often best suited for different scenarios:
- IPSec is helpful for connecting remote workers, small offices, home offices or satellite offices.
- MPLS specializes in providing high-performance, site-to-site communication between large buildings like corporate offices and data centers.
Many organizations may opt for a hybrid IPSec / MPLS solution. By connecting satellite locations to a centralized MPLS VPN via virtual tunnels, companies can benefit from the flexibility and reach of broadband as well as the quality of service offered by a managed MPLS solution.
Extend your network with VPN Tunneling
AT&T VPN Tunneling Brochure
Create a highly secure pathway for remote and site-to-site connections. Choose the options that are right for you:
Provide increased protection for your data by creating a highly secure pathway for remote and site-to-site connections. Creating virtual tunnels with end-to-end encryption, simple, private connections can be deployed between remote users and your network hub. So no matter where data travels between point A and point B, it should be highly secure. Choose the options that are right for you:
- Point-to-point tunneling
- Site-to-Site access
Take advantage of flexible access
With AT&T VPN Tunneling Service, use broadband, wireless, dial-up, or dedicated access services to connect to the network. Once connected, you can access your corporate Local Area Network (LAN) and intranet applications.
Add security for remote and mobile users
As our reliance on mobile devices for business continues to grow, integrating them into your network requires attention to new kinds of security risks. The strength of IPSec lies in its ability to support private transmissions using remote connectivity. IPSec:
- Allows off-site employees to privately transmit data to other sites on a VPN using end-to-end encryption
- Keeps data private when your traveling employees and Small Office / Home Office (SOHO) routers connect to your main MPLS VPN
Highly secure networks for Retail Chains
Does your business have locations that primarily need to communicate to a larger corporate location? IPSec VPNs:
- Are helpful for companies with locations distributed across large areas, such as restaurants or retail chains
- May be a good choice to help secure data being transmitted to the main office
If you need to link multiple large offices or deploy VoIP (Voice over IP) or video collaboration, you might prefer an MPLS VPN.
Help secure satellite locations with IPSec VPNs
For businesses that have satellite branches that need access to the corporate VPN, IPSec may be a good option. Encryption from the remote office to the MPLS VPN will help secure data until it reaches the “private” MPLS VPN. With IPSec, security is augmented through:
- Encryption that helps prevent others from copying or reading transmitted information
- Integrity checks that help protect the data in transit from tampering
- Authentication that is designed to verify that the user sending or viewing the data is authorized to do so
What is an IPSec VPN?
There are two main types of VPNs: (1) MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching), a solution that operates over a single carrier’s network, and (2) IPSec (Internet Protocol Security), which uses virtual tunnels to send encrypted data between sites over the public Internet. While an IPSec VPN can function as an efficient, stand-alone solution for certain customers, it is often deployed as part of a robust, high-performance MPLS VPN.
IPSec VPN Service Delivery
Once you’re ready to deploy your IPSec VPN, we’re here to help get you up and running. We can provide:
Our operations center can help you configure products like desktop clients or SOHO routers with your IPSec VPN—quickly, and efficiently.
Since comprehensive installations often require on-site setup, our service technicians can come to you.
Visibility and control into VPN activity is provided with web-based tools.
AT&T VPN Tunneling Service is an IP-based service that sends encrypted confidential business data over the Internet or other public networks.
PDF | 977KB
- Have us contact you
Your feedback will help us to improve AT&T Enterprise so you continue to have a great experience when visiting us!
Is your network ready?
Improve network efficiency and achieve cost savings with VPN.