Token AuthenticationDefinitive user authentication
Help control network access with AT&T Token Authentication Service
Help protect important data from unauthorized users. Our Token Authentication Service goes beyond simple passwords to provide a highly secure solution for your enterprise network.
Fortify your network with two-factor authentication
The strength behind our AT&T Token Authentication Service is based upon two-factor authentication. It validates a user’s identity by requiring information that:
- Only one user knows, like a username and password
- Only one user owns, such as a software or hardware token
If users can’t provide either piece of information, the Token Authentication Service is designed to deny access to your network.
Choose from multiple token options
Our Token Authentication Service supports hard security tokens, key fobs, and multiple types of soft tokens, such as:
- A one-time password (OTP) generated by a mobile device application
- An SMS OTP sent to a phone (out-of-band)
- A desktop OTP
- A grid token
You can easily deploy our Token Authentication Service within virtually any type of network environment. It provides out-of-the-box support for remote access devices like firewalls, routers, cloud-based applications, and VPNs. It also integrates with user directories that support standard protocols.
Meet compliance standards with activity tracking
You may be required to keep track of when users sign onto your network. Our solution can help you comply with these types of regulations by:
- Compiling security logs of when users access various systems
- Providing reports that help with auditing and accounting processes
- Producing documentation that helps you meet compliance requirements
Employ multiple layers of protection for user authentication
Benefit from added protection inside and outside your network perimeter. Our multi-factor Token Authentication Service can help you:
- Control access to sensitive data and applications
- Authenticate users at network, system, and application levels
- Keep access controls separate for groups with multiple levels of management
- Use industry-standard protocols to help protect your data on-site and in the cloud
- Benefit from the flexibility of centralized as well as group- and user-based policy controls
- Store credentials in hardware appliances that meet the highest industry standards
Reduce costs and complexity with managed services
Help keep network authentication simple. Delivered for a monthly fee, our managed solution can free you from the complications of:
- Buying and managing token-based authentication servers
- Building support infrastructure to support 99.999% service availability
- Handling help desk calls
Token Authentication in Your organization
Token Authentication service is appropriate for any enterprise – small, mid-sized and large – that needs to protect their network from unauthorized access or control the level of authorized user access to sensitive data and applications.
Token Authentication and VPN
By combining user authentication with VPN Services, you gain the capability of accessing corporate resources from locations other than the home office, while maintaining access controls for data and applications. Using these services together, you can:
- Securely access corporate applications and servers behind the VPN (IPSec and SSL)
- Provide access to web applications by verifying users with two-factor authentication
- Users can access data / server from branch offices, home offices or customer locations. Most importantly, employees can securely access corporate data via wireless access at various locations (airport terminals, hotel rooms, remote field sites)
Token authentication made easy
Rely on AT&T to manage your token service administration needs and ease adoption - so you can devote your staff and budget to other critical business requirements.
Simple to connect
The implementation process for your token authentication service follows a few basic steps:
- Your user database is identified and loaded into the authenticator servers located in the AT&T internet data center (IDC)
- The protected resources are connected, via internet, to the IDC
- AT&T provides you with the security token software or hardware
- Users simply log onto an AT&T site to validate themselves
Flexible compatibility with token authentication
AT&T Token Authentication Service is compatible with a wide variety of remote access servers, Web servers, firewalls and VPNs, making it easy to implement and maintain in a variety of network environments.
Dependable authentication support
If a security token is not working AT&T provides a designated help site for current users to access at https://www.e-access.att.com/token (login required).
MOST RECENT FIRST
MOST RECENT FIRST
Help prevent, detect and respond to cyber-attacks and business interruptions.
PDF | 727KB
This Product Brief describes AT&T Token Authentication Service, a managed service designed to make access to your network more secure by replacing the use of simple passwords with a strong two-factor authentication method employing SecurID tokens.
PDF | 843KB
MOST RECENT FIRST
The threat of cybercrime and state-sponsored attacks is growing, and cyber threats are evolving rapidly. Today, cybersecurity is a national priority, and public-private collaboration is understood as a vital tool in securing cyberspace.
PDF | 2MB
Get started today
- Call us: 877-542-8666
- Have us contact you
Your feedback will help us to improve AT&T Enterprise so you continue to have a great experience when visiting us!
Check out the AT&T
Security Resource Center
Keep up to date on security news and threats! Hear from security experts on security best practices.