Mobile Device Management
Get Started Today
AT&T Mobile Device Management: Control Multi-Device Chaos
At one time, corporate-owned mobile devices were the norm. Supplied by your IT department, consistent form factors and operating systems (OSs) made mobile device management easier. Today, employee-owned devices are commonplace in the mobile workplace, and your IT staff may have little knowledge about these personal devices that access and store your sensitive data.
With greater visibility into both corporate- and employee-liable tablets, laptops, phones and other smart devices, AT&T mobile device management (MDM) solutions can help you take control of your multi-device environment and burgeoning telecom budget.
Improve visibility into diverse mobile assets
You can't manage what you can't see. AT&T MDM solutions provide you with visibility into each device accessing your corporate applications and content. With a consolidated view across a range of carriers, form factors and platforms, you can:
- Understand the make up of your mobile device portfolio
- See the OS, mobile apps and versions residing on each device
- Identify users and their job functions
- Create a strategic plan for managing and securing corporate- and employee-owned devices now and in the future
Simplify provisioning, updates and support with mobile device management
Provisioning, supporting and updating the rising volumes of mobile devices amidst constant change takes up valuable IT time. AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions provide the tools to help you:
Gartner: Critical Capabilities for U.S. Wireless Telecom Providers Report
- Automate device lifecycle management to help reduce TCO
- Provision multiple devices simultaneously over the air
- Quickly push apps and OS updates out to large user populations
- Monitor the real-time status of individual devices
- Utilize analytics such as device diagnostics reports to speed troubleshooting
Ease policy management with MDM
As part of our comprehensive approach to mobile security, which includes device-level and network-based security controls, AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions enable you to:
- Centralize password and encryption management
- Set device policies per job function and user group
- Remove unauthorized apps remotely
- Locate, wipe and lock lost or stolen devices remotely
Run billing reports to analyze spending
Gaining Control with Mobile Device Management
- Access control
- Compliance and self-governance
- Deployment and enforcement
AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions provide powerful reporting and analytic tools for greater visibility into telecom usage and costs, so you can:
- View reports prior to billing dates to take actions that could potentially reduce expenses
- Know when critical thresholds for minutes, data and roaming are about to be reached
- Spot trends to redefine policies and plans and align telecom services with user needs
Learn about AT&T Global Mobile Management solutions for more comprehensive telecom expense management.
Meet mobile user needs, maintain control with MDM
As part of the AT&T Mobility Services portfolio and Mobile Management Family, AT&T MDM solutions can help you take control of multi-device chaos while meeting user demands for flexible, any-device access.
All Mobile Device Management Resources
- AirWatch On Premise MDM from AT&T [Service Brochure]
The AirWatch On-Premise Mobile Device Management (“MDM”) from AT&T solution supports deployments of mobile devices at any scale.
- AirWatch Hosted MDM from AT&T [Service Brochure]
The AirWatch Hosted Mobile Device Management (“MDM”) from AT&T solution supports deployments of mobile devices at any scale.
- AirWatch Content Management from AT&T [Service Brochure]
AirWatch Mobile Content Management (“MCM”) from AT&T is a native mobile app that provides highly secure document distribution and mobile access to corporate documents.
- Connected MobileIron from AT&T [Service Brochure]
Proactively manage and help secure your government agency’s mobile endpoints as applications and data are being deployed to smart devices.
- MobileIron Basic Connected Cloud from AT&T [Service Brochure]
MobileIron Basic Connected Cloud from AT&T is a “zero IT footprint” solution that offers basic device and application control with location-based services for better monitoring across nearly all operating systems, carriers, and devices.
- MobileIron Connected Cloud from AT&T [Service Brochure]
MobileIron Connected Cloud from AT&T is a cloud-based Mobile Device Management that helps secure and manage mobile apps, documents and devices.
- MobileIron Virtual Smartphone Platform (VSP) from AT&T [Service Brochure]
MobileIron VSP from AT&T is a cross carrier solution designed to offer customers the maximum flexibility in solving the challenges of the expanding mobile perimeter and highly secure use of mobilized information.
- MobileIron VSP from AT&T - Managed Hosted MDM Solution [Service Brochure]
This is a cross carrier solution designed to offer customers the maximum flexibility in solving the challenges of the expanding mobile perimeter and highly secure use of mobilized information.
- Gain Control and Visibility with Mobile Device Management from AT&T [Service Brochure]
AT&T offers a variety of solutions designed to meet enterprise needs, on-premises, in the cloud, and managed and hosted environments.
- Global Mobile Management Brochure [Service Brochure]
Learn more about AT&T's Global Mobile Management Solutions.
- Protect and Control Your Smartphones with Mobile Management [Service Brochure]
Device Protection & Control is a simple solution to the complex problem of mobile device management. This integrated, hosted solution puts smartphone security and management at your fingertips.
- J.B. Hunt Keeps on Trucking with Mobile Device Management Solution [Case Study]
Manage, track, and help secure more than 1,400 smartphones and tablets nationwide.
- Advanced Technology, Tender Care Benefit Guardian Angel Hospice Patients [Case Study]
Cloud-based fax solution supports highly secure communication among all members of a patient’s healthcare team; mobile device management helps secure smartphones and tablets.
- Cytori Therapeutics Help its Global Team Stay on the Cutting Edge with Mobile Device Management [Case Study]
Allow mobile global employees highly secure access to critical email and communications while travelling domestically and abroad.
- McGladrey Sets the Stage with Tablets for All [Case Study]
The AT&T team developed a detailed plan for preparing and deploying thousands of mobile devices to 75 separate locations.
- Hi-Way Equipment Gains Greater Control of its Inventory and Mobile Devices [Case Study]
With Actsoft® from AT&T, Hi-Way Equipment has automated its inventory management process with wireless forms for greater accuracy and speed. MobileIron Basic Connected Cloud from AT&T, a Mobile Device Management solution, gives the company more control in monitoring mobile devices and applications.
- Wireless eTicketing Transforms Rail Travel at Amtrak [Case Study]
Electronic ticketing enabled through AT&T Mobile Enterprise Application Platform (MEAP); AT&T wireless network processes transactions via smartphones; Mobile Device Management supports distributed mobile devices and helps secure data.
- A Wealth of Mobile Solutions Helps Cabrillo Credit Union Prepare for the Unexpected [Case Study]
Mobile solutions that enable rapid messaging to employees, allow staff to easily redirect calls as needed and provide enhanced security for mobile devices.
- K-VA-T Food Stores Finds a Mobile Device Management Solution Right up its Aisle [Case Study]
Now employees in the field and on the road can access corporate applications off their own smartphones, while IT can spend less time managing devices.
- New Church of Faith Stays in Touch Using Mobile Messaging Solution [Case Study]
RingCentral Office@Hand from AT&T for after-hours requests; AT&T Messaging Toolkit for text messaging and polling parishioners.
- Enhancing Mobile and Cloud Security Webinar [Video, 62:00]
Mobile Security Overview with Andrew Braunberg, Research Director, NSS Labs, September 19, 2013.
- Mobile Device Management Solutions [Video, 1:58]
Mobile Device Management Solutions.
- AT&T Sponsors Mobile Device Management Webinar [Video, 1:00:07]
AT&T partnered with FierceMarkets to host this interactive webinar on Mobile Device Management. FierceMarket’s Fred Donovan and Gartner analyst, Christian Kane, discuss the industry trends leading organizations to adopt and deploy Mobile Device Management, or MDM, solutions that enable them to manage their mobile inventory. AT&T’s Aaron Williams, Advanced Enterprise Solutions, highlights AT&T’s ability to assist organizations with developing a holistic mobile strategy that will span the lifecycle of their mobility needs.
- Mobile Device Management from AT&T [Video, 2:11]
Simplify management of your mobile devices while improving productivity with AT&T Mobile Device Management.
- Mobile eTicketing Helps Amtrak Customers Enjoy the Journey [Video, 2:11]
Conductors have traded ticket punches for smartphones, allowing them to provide enhanced service. Customers have added flexibility to alter their travel plans and retrieve lost tickets. And Amtrak can better manage inventory and recognize revenue in near real time.
- Mobile Management: Managing Mobile Devices [Audio, 15:56]
Mobile Device Management helps to lower your TCO per mobile employee.
- Gartner: Critical Capabilities for U.S. Wireless Telecom Providers Report [Additional Resource]
The Gartner 2013 CIO Survey found that mobility is the second-highest 2013 priority for CIOs. Gartner identifies eight critical capabilities to meet clients requirements.
Considerations for choosing MDM Services
Consider these questions as you think about how AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions can help your organization:
What mobile devices do you support now? What devices are employees asking you to support in the future?
As more mobile workers use personal devices to access corporate resources, you must manage an expanding array of form factors and platforms. AT&T MDM solutions help you deploy and manage multiple OSs and devices, whether company- or employee-owned. So, you can be better prepared to respond to user requests and manage mixed mobile assets now and in the future.
Do you have device policies in place?
Transform Your Organization with MDM Solutions
Learn how to maximize mobility benefits, and limit risks with Mobile Device Management services.
Enforcing mobility policies can help you manage assets more efficiently and cost effectively, comply with regulations and reduce mobile computing risks. AT&T MDM solutions make it easier to implement consistent policies across the environment. For more about integrating device-level security into an end-to-end enterprise solution, see AT&T Mobile Security Service.
Do you experience "bill shock" when you open your telecom invoices?
AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions can help you capture, report and analyze raw usage data. As a result, you can proactively address issues and enforce usage-based policies, which can potentially reduce telecom costs. For a managed telecom expense management solution, see AT&T Global Mobile Management®.
Do you need an on-premise, hosted or managed MDM solution?
With AT&T MDM solutions, you can choose from a range of deployment models and offerings:
- On premise: Consider Good for EnterpriseTM from AT&T, AirWatch® from AT&T or MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T
- Hosted: We manage the cloud infrastructure, you manage your chosen mobile device management services. AT&T offers AirWatch® from AT&T, MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T, MobileIron® Connected Cloud from AT&T or MobileIron® Basic Connected Cloud from AT&T
- Hosted and managed: Let AT&T host and manage your solution. MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T - Managed and Hosted is also available
- Container management: Use this to manage corporate data while leaving personal data untouched. Good for EnterpriseTM from AT&T
- Dual Persona: Create a separate workspace on your personal or corporate device. Dual Persona with AT&T ToggleSM
Which MDM solution is right for you?
Choosing the wrong solution can lead to a long-term commitment on a solution you quickly outgrow. For assistance and a vendor-agnostic viewpoint, contact an AT&T technical specialist or arrange for a Technology and Capability Assessment.
Design Your Mobile Device Management Solution
Many organizations struggle with the complexity of designing a comprehensive mobile device management solution. The AT&T Mobility Solutions Services group provides end-to-end services, including full lifecycle management and solution design. Taking your key business and technology needs into consideration – from devices, OSs and policies to your reporting and encryption needs - they design a solution for moving forward.