Mobile Device Management
Downloads & Media
|Five Ways to Get More Value from Your Oracle Applications [White Paper]|
|Transforming Your Organization with Mobility [White Paper]|
|Gain Control and Visibility with Mobile Device Management from AT&T [Service Brochure]|
|Hi-Way Equipment Gains Greater Control of its Inventory and Mobile Devices [Case Study]|
|Wireless eTicketing Transforms Rail Travel at Amtrak [Case Study]|
AT&T Mobile Device Management: Control Multi-Device Chaos
At one time, corporate-owned mobile devices were the norm. Supplied by your IT department, consistent form factors and operating systems (OSs) made mobile device management easier. Today, employee-owned devices are commonplace in the mobile workplace, and your IT staff may have little knowledge about these personal devices that access and store your sensitive data.
With greater visibility into both corporate- and employee-liable tablets, laptops, phones and other smart devices, AT&T mobile device management (MDM) solutions can help you take control of your multi-device environment and burgeoning telecom budget.
Improve visibility into diverse mobile assets
You can't manage what you can't see. AT&T MDM solutions provide you with visibility into each device accessing your corporate applications and content. With a consolidated view across a range of carriers, form factors and platforms, you can:
- Understand the make up of your mobile device portfolio
- See the OS, mobile apps and versions residing on each device
- Identify users and their job functions
- Create a strategic plan for managing and securing corporate- and employee-owned devices now and in the future
Simplify provisioning, updates and support with mobile device management
Provisioning, supporting and updating the rising volumes of mobile devices amidst constant change takes up valuable IT time. AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions provide the tools to help you:
Gaining Control with Mobile Device Management
- Access control
- Compliance and self-governance
- Deployment and enforcement
- Automate device lifecycle management to help reduce TCO
- Provision multiple devices simultaneously over the air
- Quickly push apps and OS updates out to large user populations
- Monitor the real-time status of individual devices
- Utilize analytics such as device diagnostics reports to speed troubleshooting
Ease policy management with MDM
As part of our comprehensive approach to mobile security, which includes device-level and network-based security controls, AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions enable you to:
- Centralize password and encryption management
- Set device policies per job function and user group
- Remove unauthorized apps remotely
- Locate, wipe and lock lost or stolen devices remotely
Run billing reports to analyze spending
AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions provide powerful reporting and analytic tools for greater visibility into telecom usage and costs, so you can:
Transform Your Organization with MDM Solutions
Learn how to maximize mobility benefits, and limit risks with Mobile Device Management services.
- View reports prior to billing dates to take actions that could potentially reduce expenses
- Know when critical thresholds for minutes, data and roaming are about to be reached
- Spot trends to redefine policies and plans and align telecom services with user needs
Learn about AT&T Global Mobile Management solutions for more comprehensive telecom expense management.
Meet mobile user needs, maintain control with MDM
As part of the AT&T Mobility Services portfolio and Mobile Management Family, AT&T MDM solutions can help you take control of multi-device chaos while meeting user demands for flexible, any-device access.
Considerations for choosing MDM Services
Consider these questions as you think about how AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions can help your organization:
What mobile devices do you support now? What devices are employees asking you to support in the future?
As more mobile workers use personal devices to access corporate resources, you must manage an expanding array of form factors and platforms. AT&T MDM solutions help you deploy and manage multiple OSs and devices, whether company- or employee-owned. So, you can be better prepared to respond to user requests and manage mixed mobile assets now and in the future.
Do you have device policies in place?
Enforcing mobility policies can help you manage assets more efficiently and cost effectively, comply with regulations and reduce mobile computing risks. AT&T MDM solutions make it easier to implement consistent policies across the environment. For more about integrating device-level security into an end-to-end enterprise solution, see AT&T Mobile Security Service.
Do you experience "bill shock" when you open your telecom invoices?
AT&T Mobile Device Management solutions can help you capture, report and analyze raw usage data. As a result, you can proactively address issues and enforce usage-based policies, which can potentially reduce telecom costs. For a managed telecom expense management solution, see AT&T Global Mobile Management®.
Do you need an on-premise, hosted or managed MDM solution?
With AT&T MDM solutions, you can choose from a range of deployment models and offerings:
- On-premises: Consider Good for EnterpriseTM from AT&T, McAfee® Enterprise Mobility Management software from AT&T or MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T
- Hosted: We manage the cloud infrastructure, you manage your chosen mobile device management services, including MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T or MobileIron® Connected Cloud from AT&T
- Hosted and managed: Let AT&T host and manage your solution. MobileIron® Virtual Smartphone Platform from AT&T-Managed and Hosted is also available as a hosted offering
- Container management: Use this to manage corporate data while leaving personal data untouched. Good for EnterpriseTM from AT&T
- Dual Persona: Create a separate workspace on your personal or corporate device. AT&T ToggleSM
Which MDM solution is right for you?
Choosing the wrong solution can lead to a long-term commitment on a solution you quickly outgrow. For assistance and a vendor-agnostic viewpoint, contact an AT&T technical specialist or arrange for a Technology and Capability Assessment.
Design Your Mobile Device Management Solution
Many organizations struggle with the complexity of designing a comprehensive mobile device management solution. The AT&T Mobility Solutions Services group provides end-to-end services, including full lifecycle management and solution design. Taking your key business and technology needs into consideration – from devices, OSs and policies to your reporting and encryption needs - they design a solution for moving forward.