BYODEmpower your organization and release your employees' creativity
Respond to business needs more flexibly, efficiently and cost-effectively by providing your workforce the data and applications they need on their own preferred device – while also protecting business data.
A variety of AT&T mobile solutions can be combined to fit your needs and allow your company to reap the benefits of BYOD. They include:Mobile Application Development
Create user-friendly mobile apps, regardless of OS and device, so that employees can respond to business needs wherever they may be.Mobile Application Management
Distribute, manage and protect enterprise content, data and applications on personal devices.AT&T Toggle®
Separate enterprise data from personal data by creating a highly secure workspace on your employee’s personal device.Mobile Device Management
Monitor, manage and control devices, including over-the-air configuration and management settings.
* Offer ends 8/31/14 and subject to change at any time. Requires port-in of eligible Sprint or Verizon wireless number and activation a new qualified AT&T Enhanced PTT line on a compatible device to receive a $100 bill credit. Must maintain Voice, Data and EPTT service in good standing for 45 days to receive credit. Credit will be applied within 3 bill cycles thereafter. Offer may be combined with other credits or offers, but only one $100 bill credit per line will apply. Subject to applicable Business Agreement. Available on CRU lines only. Activation fees may apply. Early termination fee may apply. Credit approval required. Geographic, usage and other terms, conditions, and restrictions apply. Coverage and services not available everywhere. Taxes and other monthly charges apply.
Plan for the challenges of deploying BYOD
To achieve BYOD’s advantages, many factors need to be considered. The huge diversity of devices, carriers, OS and plans across multiple countries means that every user is different. Issues include:
- Identifying the best BYOD approach to match business goals
- Enabling robust security of business data and applications on employee devices
- Logistical challenges of maintaining IT support, compatibility and troubleshooting for so many unique devices
- Consistently handling varied employee roles with differing content and functionality needs
- Prioritizing and building mobile-enabled applications
- Designing technical solutions to work together seamlessly
- Managing ongoing changes in the workforce, business, and technology
- Handling regulatory and compliance concerns
Explore these examples of how our integrated strategy and support for BYOD can help you streamline business processes, expand your reach, and help your employees be more responsive to business needs.
Transition from corporate devices to BYOD
Business Challenge: A global firm wanted to move towards the increased efficiencies, cost reductions, and employee flexibility of BYOD from an environment with corporate-owned devices, while at the same time preserving security of business assets.
AT&T Solution: We created a customized, single-source, managed cloud-based device management solution scalable up to 20,000 users that included:
- License provisioning
- Application management
- Service support desk
Result: With employees empowered to provision applications on the devices of their choice, satisfaction increased, deployment was simplified, and ongoing device and support costs were reduced. Improved efficiency resulted from user access to an AT&T Tier 2 in-country global help desk. The choice of a cloud-based strategy provided a highly resilient and reliable solution with reduced risks of data leakage.
Enhanced security and device management with BYOD
Business Challenge: Inadequate device security and limited, inconsistent, and outdated mobile policies constrained one company’s ability to use mobility as a tool for business growth.
AT&T Solution: Our resources and expertise were employed to:
- Establish a BYOD strategy and consistent mobile use policies for both company-paid and BYOD devices
- Streamline IT support requirements
- Add security layers and device management capabilities integrated with in-house servers
Result: Security, control, and efficiency of accessing business data were greatly improved with addition of features such as encryption and the ability to remotely wipe and reset business assets on all mobile devices.
Flexible and highly secure mobile BYOD strategy
Business Challenge: Policies and structure for a highly secure mobile strategy were lacking. Increasing global travel by employees highlighted the need for highly secure connectivity and collaboration tools. Fragmented mobile application development attempted to handle a variety of employee-liable devices.
AT&T Solution: Drawing on market research and the perspective of AT&T technical and organizational experts, our consultants developed a mobility roadmap and policies that accommodated variety of devices and OS while maximizing security. This overarching strategy encompassed:
- Organizational structure and tactics
- Application development
- Tools and platforms
Result: A cohesive, consistent mobile strategy was quickly and efficiently developed and implemented in line with important business milestones. This hybrid approach benefited from both the flexibility of BYOD and the enhanced security of company-paid devices. The new-found ability to rely on a highly secure mobile platform enabled accelerated time to value for the company’s products.
Addressing BYOD with a Holistic Solution
Create a BYOD strategy that is flexible enough to address your organizations' needs, while meeting employee demands.
Take advantage of BYOD’s benefits
Maximize your enterprise’s flexibility by incorporating a well-considered BYOD strategy. Give employees access to content, data and applications in a format that is easy to use so that they can take advantage of business opportunities whenever they arise.
- Productivity can improve as employees are able to access business information and respond to customers more quickly and easily
- Time to market can be reduced as business processes are streamlined and accelerated
- Collaboration, innovation, employee satisfaction and talent retention may rise as your workforce is empowered to use the device of their choice when and where they want
- Cost efficiencies may be achieved with reduced company-paid device/warranty expenses, and reduced end user training
BYOD in Healthcare
Health system uses BYOD to help protect patient data and optimize mobile device use.
Build the best BYOD solution for your unique needs with AT&T
Ease the daunting complexity of BYOD and turn to AT&T for assistance every step of the way. We can help you build and manage an effective BYOD strategy for your enterprise by offering a broad, end-to-end framework of resources and solutions to meet your organization’s unique needs. These can range from building a simple application for a specific goal, to a more complex solution such as an overarching strategy and ongoing lifecycle management.
Our professionals can engage with you from day one to create a blueprint for success. Your consultants take a flexible, carrier- and device-agnostic approach to strategizing and combining the right combination of products into a solution tailored to your unique needs, then helping you manage and coordinate deployment and ongoing maintenance as needed.
Enjoy the peace of mind of an integrated solution that works, with your resources freed to focus on your business.
Transform Your Business
Learn how to take advantage of a mobile-equipped workforce using BYOD solutions.
Depend on end-to-end mobility experts
Rely on leaders in the mobile industry to give you the support you need to successfully incorporate BYOD into your enterprise. With deep experience in mobility and its deployment in virtually every industry vertical, we understand how mobility can accelerate your business processes and how to overcome its challenges. Supported by the breadth of the AT&T network, our expert consultants help you in every aspect of the BYOD lifecycle:
- Developing a sound BYOD business case and strategy
- Security analysis and mobile policy enforcement to protect your business data
- Building and distributing strategic mobile applications onto employee devices
- Lifecycle management including support and ongoing changes to devices, apps, workforce, data
Create your BYOD solution quickly
Benefit from the accelerated time to market that can be achieved with our integrated, streamlined offers and practices. Avoid the risks of incompatible technologies with multiple vendors, and work with a provider who can quickly gather your needs and weave the appropriate components into a streamlined solution.
BYOD can help to attract talent, empower workers, streamline processes, improve productivity, and boost morale.
PDF | 966KB
MOST RECENT FIRST
MOST RECENT FIRST
BYOD Consulting from AT&T provides the intellectual capital and resources to provide an impartial analysis and determination on whether BYOD makes economic sense for your enterprise, as well as the optimal path and objectives to implement a BYOD program.
PDF | 775KB
MOST RECENT FIRST
Mobile solutions that enable rapid messaging to employees, allow staff to easily redirect calls as needed and provide enhanced security for mobile devices.
MOST RECENT FIRST
Creating a bring your own device strategy can be tricky. Learn how to build a comprehensive plan to roll out a BYOD solution across your enterprise.
Video | [1:39]
MOST RECENT FIRST
A BYOD "First" strategy presents both an opportunity and challenge for businesses. The end result should be increased employee productivity, better customer service and growing your business.
PDF | 161KB
In an increasingly mobile world, these companies need to lighten IT’s control over technologies — including personal mobile devices — that iWorkers will expect to use as part of their everyday work lives.
PDF | 308KB
This paper provides concise information to consider in creating a holistic mobilization solution and offers considerations regarding vendor selection and integration.
PDF | 445KB
Get a $100 AT&T bill credit* when you switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk from Sprint or Verizon.
Building the Business Case for a Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) Program.
Get started today
- Have us contact you
Try AT&T Toggle no charge for 30 days*
AT&T Toggle is one easy-to-use, highly secure, mobile workspace management solution.
Current Analysis Report
"AT&T Toggle is the most advanced BYOD solution available today from any operator or IT service provider."
- Kathryn Weldon, Current Analysis Research Director