AT&T Synaptic Compute as a Service
Get Started Today
- Have Us Call You
- Call Us: 888-448-8743
Reach for the Cloud with Compute-as-a-Service
With change always on the horizon and budgets always under scrutiny, it's getting more and more difficult to buy the computing assets you need to keep up with demands.
AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM with VMware vCloud® Datacenter Service is a pay-as-you-go cloud computing solution that lets you access virtualized servers in the AT&T cloud. So, you can quickly turn compute capacity up when needed and down when requirements change – without adding more assets to your own data center.
Speed provisioning with compute-as-a-service
Whether it's introducing a new application or supporting new users, geographies or business initiatives, AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM provides a ready-made hosted infrastructure to help you:
- Avoid procurement delays
- Reduce capital expenditures
- Speed provisioning and deployment
- Free staff from long implementation cycles
- Respond quickly to the needs of the business
Prepare for the unpredictable with compute-as-a-service
Unexpected upswings in orders, user transactions or other workloads dramatically impact server performance and availability. AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM enables you to quickly adapt IT services to the changing needs of business.
You provision once and scale infrastructure on demand by adding more resources where and when they're needed. But scalability isn't just about managing peaks; it's about managing valleys cost effectively. When the flood of activity is over, you can dial down capacity using the self-service web portal.
Sync consumption and cost with compute-as-a-service
AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM involves no upfront charges, term commitments or termination fees. You decrease capital investments by procuring compute capacity as a service.
You pay via credit card or invoice on a per-use basis charged monthly. Compute-as-a-Service is a great way to directly align IT expenses with business activity for a better handle on costs.
Reduce the complexity of service delivery
When you choose AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM, you manage your operating system software, database and applications. AT&T provides:
- A virtual infrastructure in an AT&T Internet Data Center with enterprise-class reliability
- Management of the network, physical server, hypervisor and storage infrastructure
- Physical security backed by audit controls
- A web portal for visibility and self-service computing
For additional AT&T cloud computing services, see IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ with AT&T NetBond. Other AT&T cloud services include cloud storage, platform as a service, virtual desktop service and SaaS enablement.
All AT&T Synaptic Compute as a Service Resources
- AT&T Synaptic Compute as a Service with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service [Service Brochure]
Get quick online access to reliable pay-per-use computing capacity.
- ICE Connects Clients to a World of Travel and Leisure [Case Study]
Efficiently connect a fast-growing global travel service with an ever-changing clientele of timeshare owners, loyalty club members and leisure travelers.
- Detroit Water and Sewerage Keeps its Data Flowing by Migrating to a Cloud-based Solution [Case Study]
This secure and reliable service was achieved with an ethernet-based enterprise network, Network-Based Firewall, AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM with VMWare vCloud® Datacenter Service.
- Keeping the Lines of Communication Wide Open at the Democratic National Convention [Case Study]
Comprehensive communications support including voice, data and Internet connectivity, cloud-based website hosting, network security consulting, mobile communications, mobile application development, voice and web conferencing.
- ICE's Connections Make for Smooth Sailing [Video, 2:02]
International Cruise and Excursions, Inc., (ICE) provides travel services that link millions of affinity group members with thousands of cruise, lodging, travel, golf and other leisure opportunities. To precisely route incoming callers, deliver video content and more, the company relies on a robust, global MPLS network. A cloud computing solution helps handle the ebbs and flows of web traffic. Now ICE can focus on “delivering the dream” to its customers.
- Cloud Computing Solutions [Video, 2:27]
Do you have fluctuating IT needs? Consider Cloud Services for on-demand access to compute and storage.
- Network Enabled Cloud: The Next Phase of Cloud Evolution? [White Paper]
Analyst firm IDC answers questions posed by AT&T regarding benefits and use cases of network enabled cloud.
- Infographic: Why the Network Matters in Cloud Computing [Additional Resource]
AT&T network enabled cloud computing offers a simple, highly-secure and flexible alternative to standard cloud connectivity.
Considerations for Compute-as-a-Service
With so many options, cloud computing can be confusing. Here are some things to consider as you ready your business for cloud services:
How important is fast deployment to your business?
If your staff is overwhelmed with current workloads, you may put new IT projects on hold. But that also puts revenue opportunities on hold when they’re needed the most.
It may help to identify which projects you can realistically tackle and which make sense to deploy through the cloud. Don't think of AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM as an all-or-nothing proposition. Think of it as a way to complement your in-house IT services when business-critical deployments can’t wait.
How do you prepare for unpredictable demands now?
Do you "guesstimate" the compute capacity you'll need to support increasing traffic, sessions and users? Anytime you buy an asset based on a "best guess" forecast, you assume a lot of risk: over provisioning means expensive equipment sits idle, while under provisioning means performance issues.
With AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM, you're not burdened with long-term commitments or capacity problems. You use the portal, click a button and add or delete resources within minutes.
Do you worry about security and control?
AT&T can provide the enterprise-class security and redundancy you need for reliability and compliance. To add another layer of protection, you can create a virtual private cloud using your existing AT&T VPN to access the AT&T cloud.
Application programming interfaces (APIs) included in the service give you control over cloud resources. You can manage and monitor usage, set rules, create thresholds and automate processes, such as increasing capacity at pre-set times for recurring usage spikes.
Are you wondering which solutions are good candidates for the cloud?
- Balance traffic and transaction loads across in-house and cloud servers to manage unforeseen demands
- Create instant testing and development environments
Your AT&T account manager can help you find the right blend of in-house resources, hosting services and cloud services to meet your business needs.
For more information about moving to the cloud, read the "Top 10 considerations for cloud computing."
Service Delivery for AT&T Synaptic Compute as a Service
AT&T Synaptic Compute as a ServiceSM makes deployment easy and fast. Order online today:
- Go to the AT&T Cloud Solution portal to create your cloud account
- Order AT&T Synaptic Compute as a Service SM
- Provide payment information
- Choose servers and storage using an online library of images
- Access computing assets in the AT&T cloud within minutes
- Connect via a public network or AT&T VPN
- Use the portal to add or scale back capacity