|Application Hosting and Management for IBM Websphere Portal [Service Brochure]|
|How Government Can Improve The Online Experience [Audio]|
|AT&T Services for IBM WebSphere Application Server [Service Brochure]|
Get Started Today
- Have Us Call You
- Call Us: 888-245-7874
Managed Middleware Services: Respond Dynamically, Manage Simply
When it comes to services provided via the web, agility is a business essential. You need a flexible middleware platform for web applications to quickly adapt websites, intranets and extranets to the speed of business - because opportunity doesn't wait.
Internal staff become so focused on managing and updating the middleware software itself, they have little time to apply the solution so it provides the best value. Expanding operating costs and security issues further add to this challenge.
We can help ease cost, complexity and security concerns with AT&T Managed Middleware Services.
Simplify your software lifecycle
We've hosted and managed hundreds of middleware instances for our customers and support many leading enterprise application servers, including IBM WebSphere®, JBoss® and Apache Tomcat. As part of AT&T Managed Middleware services, our certified middleware experts can simplify the full software lifecycle as they apply:
- A vast knowledge base of best practices for optimal configurations
- Mature implementation methodologies to help lessen risk
- Pragmatic migration approaches for a smoother transition
- Well documented processes for quality control
- Comprehensive yet flexible change management for stability
- Multi-layer security management
Tuned for high performance
Expert management, rigorous processes and precision tuning help keep your middleware platform running at optimal performance.
Middleware platforms enable multiple applications to work together. Any performance problems can have a ripple effect across the enterprise - leading to costly downtime and disrupted workflows.
As part of AT&T Managed Middleware services, we can:
- Fine tune performance during initial configuration
- Design for high availability
- Leverage the AT&T Synaptic Hosting platform for scalability
- Monitor middleware performance around the clock
- Monitor the AT&T hosted infrastructure and network 24x7
- Provide custom monitoring for application interfaces
- Continue performance tuning and load balancing across the lifecycle
- Provide end-to-end service level agreements
- Enable faster page load times with AT&T Content Acceleration service
The simplicity of a single provider
AT&T can free your staff for more strategic web development projects by being your one-source provider for a range of managed middleware services, which can include:
- Configuration, deployment and on-going management, performance tuning and support
- Hosting services from colocation to cloud services
- Assessment, installation, custom application development, migrations and upgrades
- Load testing services
- QA testing services
- Content Delivery Network services to quickly deliver large files and rich media assets
- Dynamic Site Acceleration services to maximize website and web application performance
- Network-based VPN for more secure and reliable network integration
As you consider AT&T Managed Middleware Services, here are some questions you may have:
Should you host middleware on your own infrastructure?
It depends on whether you want to incur a capital equipment expense - with many unknowns and hidden costs - or a predictable monthly operating expense for AT&T hosted application management services.
AT&T Managed Middleware services can free you from the burden of software management, so you can focus on building competitive advantage through dynamic web applications.
AT&T can provide the enterprise-class performance and security you need. Additionally, AT&T maintains a regular program of audits such as SAS 70 Type II (semi-annual), SysTrust, PCI, and HIPAA compliance audits. Our managed middleware offering leverages our Synaptic Hosting platform which enables you to scale your data needs quickly and efficiently. If expansion is on your radar, you have the global reach of the AT&T network and 38 AT&T data centers worldwide.
Can AT&T help you migrate middleware from another server environment?
Yes. Whether you host middleware in-house or with another provider, we can help simplify your transition. We start with a gap analysis between your current environment and the AT&T data center environment. We then apply proven methodologies - learned from hundreds of middleware migrations - to configure, tune, run and support middleware for optimal performance.
Can AT&T help you transition from your current middleware platform to another?
Yes. We've helped many large customers move to new middleware platforms, such as IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, from a custom solution or another packaged application server. Our careful, programmatic approach and middleware expertise can significantly reduce migration risks and minimize disruption as you transition to the AT&T infrastructure.
Whether you're trying to move from another application server or migrate your current middleware into the AT&T environment, AT&T can help you design a solution to help meet your performance, scalability and security requirements.
Managed middleware services from AT&T include:
- Hosted application management in an AT&T Internet Data Center
- Installation, configuration and performance tuning
- 24x7 monitoring and maintenance of the middleware, operating system and hosted infrastructure
- Custom monitoring for application interfaces
- Optional database monitoring and maintenance
- Ongoing performance tuning throughout the software lifecycle
- Flexible service level agreements up to 99.9% of the measured time period
- A web portal for greater visibility and control of the middleware environment
AT&T provides dedicated 24x7x365 support, delivered via a multi-layered service model:
- A client support lead serves as your focal point for tactical operational support, implementation, changes, status updates, issue resolution and is your primary point of contact for help-desk or end-user requests
- A client technical lead has responsibility for technical ownership of your application environment
- A client executive is your trusted advisor with a strategic, forward-looking approach toward your application, as well as being your advocate within AT&T
Contact us to locate an AT&T managed middleware specialist who can help you discover opportunities to unlock value from your application infrastructure investments.