AT&T Mobility Consulting
Downloads & Media
|AT&T Mobility Solutions Services (MSS) [Service Brochure]|
Mobility Consulting: End-to-End Mobile Solutions
When it comes to delivering mobile solutions, the "consumerization of IT" is more than just a buzz phrase. If you're tasked with mobilizing applications for employees or delivering multi-channel access to customers, it's a harsh reality backed by increasing expectations for a seamless anytime, any device experience.
With so many people, processes and technologies involved in mobilizing an enterprise, you may not know where to begin or how to keep your organization headed in the right direction. AT&T mobility consulting solutions can set you on the right path in your mobilization journey.
Work with the mobility consulting experts
At AT&T, mobility is at the core of everything we do. With the nation's largest 4G network and an experienced staff of mobility experts, we have a deep understanding of wireless technologies, trends and solutions.
Our "any application to any device" approach to mobility can help you deliver the mobile application access your employees want, along with the multi-channel interactions your customers demand. We know how to make your network, mobile applications and mobile solutions work together to deliver the business results you need.
Start with a mobile strategy and roadmap
As part of our Mobility Roadmap and Strategy Service, AT&T consultants can help you define a mobility vision and action plan to get you started and guide your mobilization initiatives. To lead you towards success, we can help you choose mobility solutions that:
- Align closely with your overall corporate goals
- Work with existing technologies and systems to protect investments and reduce disruption
- Leverage diverse architectures (Web and app development environments)
- Support various mobile device platforms and native device features
- Scale to support future growth
- Can adapt to future changes in technology
Move forward with full-service mobility consulting
While our Mobility Roadmap and Strategy service can be an ideal starting point, we offer a full range of mobile solutions and services to move your initiatives forward. With a single vendor as your mobility provider, you can avoid the finger pointing and conflicts that can occur between multiple vendors, and you can free in-house staff to focus on other mission-critical projects.
Our services and solutions include:
- Mobile application solutions
- Mobile device solutions
- Mobile network solutions
- Mobile device management
- Machine-to-machine solutions
Mobilize your enterprise now
AT&T mobility consulting will help mobilize your enterprise through mobile strategy and roadmap development to application and device implementation. Start your journey with AT&T today.
Mobility Consulting Considerations
Consider these questions as you create your mobility strategy:
Do you have a mobile device strategy in place?
While smartphones are being adopted at an increasing rate, around half of the mobile devices used today are cell phones with basic features. As a result, your mobilization plans should include a wide range of devices, with solutions designed to interact with basic cell phones, as well as more sophisticated tablets.
What should my mobile development strategy look like?
Your mobility plan should be designed to support multiple access channels and include mobility UI and UX best practices.
To help reduce business disruption and leverage existing investments, your mobile solutions should be compatible with existing technologies and systems, and be able to adapt to changes in the supporting technology. The tools used for developing applications should be deployed across different mobile devices and mobile OS platforms.
What factors do you need to consider in your mobile implementation
As you plan your mobile implementation approach, ask yourself:
- Should the required resources and infrastructure be developed in house or outsourced?
- What tools, skills, and capabilities does your IT organization need to develop or acquire?
- What devices should the solutions support?
- How can you ensure your solutions align with corporate data security policies?
What should your deployment process look like?
To ensure successful deployment of your company's solution, you should develop a process that is simple, repeatable and in alignment with the overall project plan. You should also leverage automated deployment methodologies and tools for device loading and testing.
What are your plans for post-deployment support?
As part of your rollout, you should establish a comprehensive process for supporting mobile users, solutions and devices. You will need an efficient way to triage issues and an effective handoff process for quick resolution, along with a tier-1 support staff trained on the hardware devices and solutions you deploy. You should also plan to support corporate devices with an advanced exchange warranty process to minimize downtime.
Designing Your Solution with Mobility Consulting
Mobility consulting from AT&T can help accelerate and simplify the process of conceiving, developing and deploying business-to-consumer, business-to-business, business-to-employee and machine-to-machine mobility solutions. Our end-to-end solutions and services span the entire mobility spectrum -- from enterprise mobile strategy to support -- to help you successfully navigate the mobility landscape and mitigate the risks involved with integrating, evolving and merging mobile technologies into your business processes.
Mobility Consulting Service Delivery
End-to-end AT&T mobility consulting solutions and services include:
Mobile Strategy & Roadmap Engagement
This engagement can be divided into three distinct phases:
- Discovery. Establishes a baseline understanding of overall corporate mobility strategy, existing business processes and systems, and current experience with mobility to align the mobility strategy with corporate goals.
- Analysis. A study of the data gathered in the discovery phase to identify the resources, infrastructure and policies needed to support the mobility strategy.
- Roadmap. Recommendations for addressing various components of the mobility strategy. Documents the sequence of actions and decisions necessary to move from the current state to the defined and desired state.
Mobile Application Solutions
Get the help you need to mobilize your B2E, B2B and B2C applications:
- Mobile Application Development
- Quality Assurance
- Systems Integration
- Application Service Desk Support
Mobile Device Solutions
Speed implementation through our world-class services, including:
- Device Deployment
- Device Support
- Device Protection
- Device Recycling and Refresh
- The AT&T Demo Program
Mobile Network Solutions
Mobile network engagements can be divided into the following three phases:
- Discovery. We document your WLAN infrastructure; validate coverage, throughput and interference; and conduct a gap analysis to determine requirements.
- Deployment. We design your WLAN infrastructure for current and future demands, procure necessary hardware and software, implement the design and certify network coverage and performance.
- Support. Provide on-site training and 24/7 WLAN infrastructure management, acting as third-level engineering support.
Mobile Device Management
Our full suite of services for mobile device management (MDM), includes:
- MDM Readiness Workshop
- MDM Technology Assessment
- MDM Installation
- Application Service Desk Support
AT&T M2M strategy consulting can help your organization make smart decisions about your M2M application investments by:
- Recommending and designing an M2M solution that supports your business, helping to ensure that your M2M strategy is aligned with your short and long term organizational goals
- Determining organizational readiness to support your M2M strategy
- Identifying resources, technology, infrastructure, and policies required to successfully introduce an M2M solution in your organization
- Developing an M2M solution roadmap, detailing actions, decisions, processes, financial considerations, and the governance model needed to successfully implement your M2M strategy