Mobile Applications: Develop Mobile Apps to Transform the Way You Work
The merits of mobility are compelling. Real-time access to intelligence can radically change the way companies do business, respond to customers and get an edge over competitors.
With mobile applications, you can increase productivity in almost any department across your enterprise. All you need is the expertise to understand what applications are best suited for your business process, and how to integrate them for maximum impact. With the right integration strategy and delivery model, you can streamline mobile application development and deployment. Discover how through this guide to mobilizing enterprise applications [PDF, 744Kb].
Drive productivity across your business with enterprise mobile apps
Mobile App Solution helps Golden Flake Have a Safer Fleet
See how Golden Flake uses a mobile app to improve driver safety and contain transportation costs.
Combine the power of network, mobility, applications and expertise to help your business work with greater efficiency
- Help automate field service workflow and deliver services faster with Workforce Management solutions
- Use Fleet Management Solutions to make vehicles work smarter
- Keep sales on the road with Sales Force Automation
- With Location Based Services use geography to your advantage
- Defy customer expectations with Field Services Automation
- Use Mobile Marketing to help transform customer engagement
- Explore highly tailored Vertical Solutions
- Use Mobile Productivity Solutions to streamline operations
Improve application design with mobile app development tools
AT&T has helped thousands of customers mobilize their organizations to help increase agility, responsiveness and profit potential.
Larger companies can use the AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform (MEAP) to design, build, deploy and manage dynamic mobile sales, service and support applications. Smaller businesses can choose from 240+ vertical applications from the AT&T Certified Solutions Catalog.
Whatever your industry, size or goals, we have the expertise, tools, network and support to help you reinvent the way you conduct business.
Simplify and accelerate mobile application rollouts for your business
The AT&T MEAP solution can speed and simplify the way you develop, deploy and manage cloud-based mobile applications. It provides a set of tools and an infrastructure to help connect mobile workers to designated back-end systems, from nearly any mobile device.
This "any application, any device" framework means developers no longer have to adapt applications to specific devices and platforms. They can meet user demands for faster rollouts and focus on developing applications that add new value to the business.
A complete enterprise mobile application platform
AT&T Mobile Apps for Business
AT&T MEAP, a mobile application development tool, is an end-to-end solution that provides middleware applications, hosting, management and professional services. It supports a variety of mobile devices and platforms, including:
- Palm® OS
- Windows® Mobile
When you choose AT&T to develop or add mobile application services, you take advantage of our technical expertise, cross-industry experience and a wide range of mobility services. You also have the nation's fastest mobile broadband network as your foundation for building greater speed, precision and output.
All Mobile Applications Resources
- Great Transformers - AT&T: A Smart Choice for Utilities [Service Brochure]
Teaming with Itron, SmartSynch, Cooper Power Systems and Silver Spring Networks to provide a suite of solutions for utilities looking to move forward with smart grid installation plans.
- Tomorrow's Intelligent Utility - Smart Grid [Service Brochure]
Tomorrow's Intelligent Utility... Are you ready for tomorrow?
- AT&T WorkBench [Service Brochure]
Now with AT&T WorkBench, the AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform (AT&T MEAP) enables enterprises to harness the full power and potential of the iPhone for their field workforces.
- AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform [Service Brochure]
The AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform is designed expressly for enterprises that want to incorporate a strategic mobile technology platform into their existing IT infrastructure.
- TeleNav Track from AT&T - BlackBerry flier [Service Brochure]
Put location knowledge at your fingertips. Maximize the productivity of your business anytime from anywhere.
- TeleNav Track LITE from AT&T [Service Brochure]
Now there’s a low-cost, easy way to track your fleet of vehicles or mobile workers when they’re in the field.
- TeleNav Track from AT&T [Service Brochure]
TeleNav Track combines the latest advances in GPS, wireless and Web technologies to make mobile workforce and asset management an affordable reality for businesses of all sizes.
- TeleNav Asset Tracker from AT&T [Service Brochure]
Put the precision of GPS tracking to work for your business to get the most out of your field equipment and portable assets.
- The Retail Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
Need to improve merchandising execution? Or supply chain management or facilities operations? AT&T's innovative and comprehensive suite of business solutions can help!
- The Petrochemical Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
From crude oil to refinery to processing and delivery, the petrochemical industry has diverse operations that need dynamic solutions. AT&T business solutions meets those needs!
- The Manufacturing Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
Accelerate delivery cycles, improve responsiveness and customer satisfaction, and better manage and control the costs of service delivery. The world's largest high-tech manufacturers benefit from AT&T's expertise, so can your enterprise!
- The Hospitality Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
The hospitality industry, including hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues, has diverse operational needs. AT&T's comprehensive suite of business solutions meets them!
- The Construction Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
Looking for practical ways to keep projects on schedule? Maintain effective communications across project teams? Manage quality assurance and come in on budget? AT&T business solutions can help!
- The Automotive Ecosystem - at your fingertips [Service Brochure]
Diverse organizations in the automotive industry - parts and components suppliers, OEMs, dealers and after-market service providers - need innovative solutions. AT&T's comprehensive suite of business solutions provides them.
- Mobile Solutions On-the-Go and Ready for Action [Article]
This publication features case studies, technology trends and articles on enterprise-class mobile resource management solutions.
- Lawn Ranger Accelerates Productivity with its Faithful Mobility Application [Case Study]
Smartphones with Xora GPS TimeTrack from AT&T running on the AT&T mobile Internet.
- Crunch Time for Golden Flake Leads to a New Mobility Solution [Case Study]
Fleet management solution monitors driver performance and provides real-time vehicle diagnostics.
- Road America Speeds Response to Roadside Emergencies with Mobility Solution [Case Study]
AT&T Location Information Services uses multi-carrier mobile device data to locate users.
- CalVans Keeps Vans on a Roll with Mobile Application [Case Study]
AT&T mobile broadband network (data and voice) and Webtech Wireless® Quadrant® solution connect each van for near real-time, centralized data collection and tracking.
- Mobile County Public Schools Drive to Help Keep Students Safe with Mobility Solution [Case Study]
GPS tracking solution monitors bus speeds, provides real-time locations and verifies that drivers follow assigned routes.
- Birchwood Gets Beneficial Boost with Mobility and VoIP Solutions [Case Study]
AT&T Mobility Solutions for dispatching mobile workers, managing equipment in the field, and text messaging helpful information to customers; AT&T Voice-over-Internet-Protocol (VoIP) Network Solutions for reliable, increased bandwidth.
- Mobility Makes for a Well-Connected Republican National Convention [Case Study]
A range of mobility services and solutions including wireless upgrades, mobile application development and messaging capabilities; audio and web conferencing.
- Nuccio Heating & Air Cranks Up Mobility Applications for Improved Productivity [Case Study]
Whether it be processing payments on the spot or more efficiently dispatching technicians, its customers are the real winners.
- New Church of Faith Stays in Touch using Mobile Messaging Solution [Case Study]
Connecting with 3,500 parishioners to support in-reach and out-reach programs has never been easier for this Florida congregation.
- A Wealth of Mobile Solutions Helps Cabrillo Credit Union Prepare for the Unexpected [Case Study]
From disseminating critical information to redirecting calls and helping to protect mobile devices, this financial institution has it covered.
- Crowley Ocean Rangers Patrol the Seas to Protect Alaska's Natural Beauty [Case Study]
Armed with a mobile forms solution, the Rangers can keep close tabs on the cruise ships that travel the pristine waters and report on their impact in a more timely fashion.
- Warren County Highway Department Takes the High Road with Mobility Solution [Case Study]
Cell phones with TeleNav Track from AT&T running on the AT&T wireless network enable the dispatcher to track workers’ locations and assign jobs.
- Hiller Plumbing Keeps its Success Flowing with Mobility Application [Case Study]
Efficient dispatching allows workers to complete more jobs while a VoIP solution streamlines inter-office communications.
- For Avantair, Efficiencies Soar with Mobile Application [Case Study]
The solution cuts out wasted time and bulky paper piles for its pilots, reduces security risks of paper-based processes and trims invoicing time by weeks.
- Gold Medal Service and its Mobile Workforce Deliver 'Wow' Customer Service [Case Study]
For its service experts, handling 29 percent more service calls and increasing revenue is all in a day’s work.
- Advanced Digital Security Speeds Up Cash Flow with Real-Time Ticket Tracking Solution [Case Study]
By mobilizing its paper-based processes, ADS now invoices customers on the same day service is provided.
- CitiStorage Drives Rapid Response to Customers [Case Study]
Pinpointing drivers with mobile workforce software reduces overtime expenses and increases productivity.
- Mobile Solution Helps Orlando Utilities Commission Customers Save Energy [Case Study]
In-home audits are now automated, streamlining paper-based processes and satisfying customers on the spot.
- Intelligent Messaging Solution is a Smart Choice for Saint Louis University [Case Study]
Be it by text, email or voice—delivering important messages to students, faculty, staff and administrators is now a simple task for this Jesuit institution.
- Corporate Caterers Serves Up Special Services with Mobility Solution [Case Study]
Now its food presentations are picture perfect and productivity is increased leading to satisfied customers.
- Cascade Sierra's Mobility Solution Has Truckers Seeing Green [Case Study]
This non-profit is helping to save fuel and reduce emissions so we all can breathe easier.
- Genco Energy Services Keeps Track of Fast-Moving Assets with Mobility Solutions [Case Study]
From light towers to mobile homes, the company can pinpoint its rental deliveries while improving asset management and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Mobility Solution Helps Create Sky-high Returns for Streetblimps [Case Study]
TeleNav Track™ from AT&T helps pinpoint the location of its mobile billboards and prove performance to advertisers.
- Washington Officials Grow Efficiency in Field and Forest [Case Study]
Smartphones with TeleNav TrackTM from AT&T are helping protect forest resources from pests and enhance the value of crops.
- Cascade Sierra Solutions Helps Drive a Cleaner Environment with its Mobile Application [Video, 1:44]
Tracking and recording location and performance of cleaner, more fuel efficient motor trucks is now a breeze, providing a breath of fresh air.
- Real-time Mobile Applications Boost Workforce Productivity [White Paper]
Deploying next generation mobile applications to your mobile workforce can boost efficiency and productivity. Read our white paper for more.
Mobile App Considerations
If you are thinking of mobility as a strategic opportunity to rethink your business processes, here are a few things to consider:
Can mobile applications help track your mobile workforce?
The Ocean Rangers are engineers, not IT people. Now they’re able to focus on what they're there to do instead of being concerned about technology issues
Wendy Whitten, Senior IT Analyst, Crowley Maritime Corporation
AT&T offers many mobile resource management applications. One is Xora GPS Locator from AT&T, a powerful, more affordable web-based solution for real-time visibility into mobile workers' locations and activities. It's easy to deploy and requires no additional software on the handset. Employees simply carry a GPS (or non-GPS) smartphone supported by AT&T, and office staff can see where they are using virtually any PC connected to the Internet. When you turn on the phone, Xora GPS Locator starts tracking it.
Can mobile applications integrate easily with your present systems?
The simple answer is yes. Mobile applications from AT&T, whether packaged or developed on the AT&T MEAP solution, conform to new design principles. They are built to be device-agnostic and make use of cross-platform tools to help speed deployment, ease management and minimize costs.
MEAP also streamlines integration with back-end systems, such as Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) or SAP supply chain applications, as well as other applications and databases.
Will your mobile applications be secure?
See how Hiller Plumbing uses a mobility application to provide real-time visibility into the location of its workforce.
AT&T offers comprehensive management and security. Powerful authentication protocols help you set the appropriate level of security at the network, application, server and device level.
Can AT&T host and manage your mobile applications?
It's your choice. AT&T can provide hosting services on AT&T dual redundant data centers, or you may opt to host and manage the applications yourself. AT&T has 12 years of hosting and application management experience, and maintains 38 worldwide data centers to host data for companies around the world.
Designing Your Mobile App Solution
AT&T mobility experts apply proven best practices to help you plan, design and configure a solution to suit your particular needs. We also bring value by providing you with access to experienced industry-focused consultants, who are well-versed in the issues and trends of your industry.
Mobile App Service Delivery
AT&T mobility experts can assist you in creating a mobility strategy for your business. We offer the resources, experience and capabilities you need to develop and deploy your mobile applications to help transform your business.
Customer Support for your Mobile Business Applications
The Small Business Mobile Application Recommender Tool (SMART) from AT&T can dynamically match applications to the corresponding mobile device to work for you.
In any given month, we are developing many mobile applications for a broad spectrum of industry segments. Whether you own and operate your own small business or work in a large enterprise company, AT&T can provide you with the right application and support for your mobile business needs.
The AT&T MEAP solution is backed by AT&T Enterprise Business Services, with 24x7, enterprise-grade support. We offer a single point of contact for professional and integration services, with a single contract and bill from AT&T.
The SMART (Small Business Mobile Application Recommender Tool) helps companies with limited IT support by identifying applications that make sense for your business. It simplifies the purchase and application delivery process through AT&T Business Direct | Premier.