Downloads & Media
|AT&T StorageConnect Service [Service Brochure]|
Data Protection Services: Protect Your Mission Critical Data
When mission-critical data is lost, stolen or corrupted, it can put more than productivity at risk. It can put your brand, reputation and intellectual property at risk while raising compliance issues around data protection and privacy.
With information assets and data integrity at risk, a reliable online data protection solution isn't an option - it's a business imperative.
But increasing data volumes, decreasing staff levels and limited budgets make managing those risks a challenge - especially considering the cost and complexity of maintaining availability across multiple devices and distributed data centers.
It's time to rethink your business protection and disaster recovery strategies with hosted data storage services from AT&T.
Automate your online data backup solution
Faced with growing volumes of business critical data that have to be available 24x7, businesses need a fast, efficient and automated online data backup solution. With AT&T Remote Vault ServiceSM, a hosted, maintenance-free online backup service, you receive comprehensive data storage at a price you can afford.
Your valuable data is centrally managed and stored in a data center, protected by layered network security, and can be conveniently restored through an online interface from virtually anywhere. AT&T Remote Vault Service, along with your broadband connection, can online backup data from servers, PCs, or laptops to a security-enhanced off-site storage facility, where it is available for recovery at virtually any time.
Once an initial backup has been completed for a particular server or PC, daily backups and point-in-time snapshots occur with minimal impact on system and network performance.
Help protect your data for mission-critical applications
Your need for information access and protection for mission-critical applications can be a big challenge. AT&T StorageConnectSM Service [PDF, 492kb] delivers a fully managed, flexible, multi-location storage transport service, enabling your business to balance risk and performance.
AT&T StorageConnect Service extends remote replication, backup and multi-vendor Storage Area Network (SAN) solutions between your corporate locations and/or AT&T Internet Data Centers (IDCs) over extended distances, using virtually any bandwidth and storage protocol. With AT&T StorageConnect Service:
- Corporate information is available for business applications and recovery
- Your service scales to rapidly provision virtually any bandwidth
- Your enterprise can respond quickly to unpredictable network demand
A proactive approach to helping you protect data online
Don't let data loss and data recovery keep you up at night. Instead, take a proactive approach to data integrity and data protection and use AT&T online data backup solutions and managed storage replication services to help you:
- Safeguard company-wide data
- Meet data recovery time and recovery point objectives
- Backup data from corporate data centers and global branch offices to the mobile perimeter
- Increase protection across PCs, servers, storage and network resources
- Take advantage of enterprise-level security, reliability and scalability of AT&T global Internet Data Centers
Help ease cost, complexity with online data backup
Bandwidth costs and capital outlays for backup facilities can be expensive. Backup can also be time-consuming, requiring specialized skills and daily upkeep - especially if you have multiple data centers with a mix of equipment, bandwidth and protocols.
AT&T online data backup and protection services can help:
- Automate backup and data replication to decrease staff demands and labor costs
- Reduce risks by replacing manual tasks with more reliable, consistent online data protection
Since we manage one of the world's largest IP networks, AT&T knows how to help:
- Optimize network resources to maximize bandwidth efficiency
- Minimize costs with high-bandwidth, low-latency connections
Help safeguard information assets with AT&T data protection services
With over 12 years experience as a hosting services provider, AT&T understands how to manage your hosted online data protection solutions to help meet business continuity and data recovery objectives.
Considerations for Data Protection Services
As you assess which data protection solutions are right for you, here are some factors to consider:
How confident are you with your current data protection solutions?
If you rely on physical procedures, are you confident they're being done securely, correctly and consistently? Even if you've implemented online data protection technologies, does your internal staff consider them an administrative headache they'd rather ignore?
For data protection processes to truly provide the continuity and data recovery you need, they must be completed regularly and reliably across the enterprise. You can feel confident with AT&T, because we manage data protection for customers every day.
What's your true cost of business recovery?
Don't wait until something happens to find out your data protection solutions weren't reliable after all.
Whether caused by viruses, natural disasters or human error, service disruption or data loss can be devastating. At the height of business activity, it can mean sacrificing revenue. It can also mean losing customer, supplier and shareholder confidence in your ability to protect sensitive information. Government sanctions may also result.
If you're justifying whether you need data protection services, balance those losses against the peace of mind you can gain from AT&T services for business continuity and data recovery.
How do you backup and restore data to servers and PCs?
With internal staff busy supporting daily operations, protecting data stored on servers, end user desktops and mobile devices can be too much to handle - especially if it involves manual intervention.
AT&T Remote VaultSM Service automates backups using your existing broadband Internet connection. The highest security standards at every point in the process help protect data as it flows to and from an AT&T Internet Data Center - where it's available for recovery at virtually anytime and to any location. Fees are based on usage.
How do you replicate data between multiple data centers?
AT&T StorageConnectSM Service simplifies data center-to-data center connectivity and optimizes data transport for a low latency, high performance data replication solution over distance. Data can be replicated between AT&T Internet Data Centers or your own sites. This fully managed storage networking solution can include:
- Data transport and application aggregation for Storage Area Networks (SANs) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Disk Mirroring
- Remote Tape Backup
- Geographically dispersed clustering
- Mainframe LAN extension
- 24x7x365 monitoring
To help optimize bandwidth and cost efficiency, while speeding transport and maintaining availability, AT&T StorageConnect Service uses:
- Per-port selectable protocols
- Per-port hardware compression
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation
- Buffer credit flow control statistical reporting for full visibility beyond the data center
Design Online Data Backup Services
From the start, AT&T can work closely with you to gather business continuity and data recovery requirements. After an initial consultation, we can plan, design and configure a solution to meet your data backup, restoration and regulatory compliance goals.
The assistance we provide during the design phase can extend further into the full lifecycle of your AT&T data protection solutions - from deployment to monitoring, management and support.
AT&T Data Protection Service Delivery
AT&T Remote VaultSM Service
The set-up process can be very quick and easy:
- Download and install the software
- Configure the software to match online backup needs
- Centralize deployment to multiple remote servers, PCs and mobile devices via the web-based portal
- Log in to restore current or previous versions of data
For larger deployments, an assigned AT&T project manager can help you from initial implementation through testing and rollout.
AT&T StorageConnectSM Service
The AT&T StorageConnect Service includes:
- Rapid provisioning in AT&T Internet Data Centers or customer premise locations
- Testing and implementation
- Proactive 24x7x365 monitoring and management of network and applications
- Up to 99.99% service level agreements
- Statistical reports measuring historical and performance data
- Fast data recovery to minimize business disruption
Customer Support for Online Data Back Solutions
AT&T Remote Vault Service
A web-based portal provides a single interface with many self-service support options. You can centrally manage the software on servers and end user devices, track the status of backups and view online reports detailing data volumes. Larger implementations have options for assigned support teams.
AT&T StorageConnect Service
AT&T StorageConnect Service customers can benefit from:
- Lifecycle management of installed data protection solutions
- An assigned support team focused on delivering a seamless data protection experience
- One-company convenience for online data backup, data replication and support
The best way to prepare for the worst is with a proactive plan for data protection and data recovery. What's yours?
Contact AT&T and discuss how to improve the performance and economics of your online data protection and recovery services today.