AT&T Virtual Desktop Service
|AT&T Virtual Desktop Service [Service Brochure]|
Get Started Today
- Have Us Call You
- Call Us: 888-499-5874
Your Desktop, in the Cloud
AT&T Virtual Desktop Services
Consider a different approach to delivering applications and data: a cloud desktop environment.
When you think about the many devices your employees use and the sensitive data they hold, there is certainly cause for concern. Especially considering how easily laptops, tablets and smartphones can be lost or stolen and how challenging it is for your IT staff to arm each device with the latest security patches and updates.
With AT&T Virtual Desktop Service, the traditional device-based desktop environment moves to the AT&T cloud – creating a virtual desktop experience to increase protection and productivity and decrease staff stress.
Virtual desktop access, delivered as-a-Service
Rather than storing programs, applications and data locally on a PC hard drive, AT&T Virtual Desktop Service runs on a remote centralized platform within a state-of-the art AT&T Internet Data Center.
As employees work locally, the programs and files they use are actually being processed and delivered from this remote cloud-based platform – which you can access as a Service for a fixed per-desktop, per-month price.
Simplify with a consistent hosted desktop user experience
AT&T Virtual Desktop Services are accessible via multiple endpoints – including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop PCs – and a variety of operating systems (OSs) and platforms. Employees simply download a client application and use a common interface across devices for a consistent experience.
A hosted desktop looks and behaves like a regular desktop PC. Data and applications can be streamed at speeds of up to 10GB over the AT&T network, making performance as fast as a traditional environment.
Reduce management complexity with virtual desktops
Now you can free your IT staff from labor-intensive desktop management. Without the need to physically manage each individual device, they can:
- Deploy software images and apps to client devices through an established network connection
- Apply patches, fixes and updates quickly and seamlessly
- Ease setup of new endpoint devices
- Simplify management across fixed and mobile desktops
Bring security to hosted desktops
AT&T Virtual Desktop Services leverage the enterprise-class security of the AT&T network cloud. To fortify protection, workers can connect via either a site-to-site VPN or an AT&T MPLS network. Two-factor authentication adds another security layer. Working together, these features help you:
- Guard against unauthorized access to the enterprise desktop environment
- Standardize desktop security across devices
- Centralize OS patching and anti-virus protection
- Ease regulatory compliance
- Mitigate risks of data loss and theft
Lessen complexity with cloud desktops
Move your desktop environment off the device and into the cloud with AT&T Virtual Desktop Services. Learn more about AT&T as-a-Service offerings, including cloud computing, cloud storage and Platform as a Service.
Considerations for Virtual Desktop Services
Here are some things you might want to consider as you assess AT&T Virtual Desktop Services:
Is security a concern as more employees access corporate data from endpoint devices?
With AT&T Virtual Desktop Services, corporate data and apps reside on servers within the AT&T network cloud, not on unprotected endpoint devices where security can be weak. To further protect sensitive data, you can connect to hosted desktops through an AT&T VPN or MPLS network.
Is it a struggle for your internal staff to manage endpoint devices?
Managing user devices can be an overwhelming job for your IT staff – especially when you consider the time-sensitive patches, fixes and updates that must be applied to protect devices and your corporate network. AT&T Virtual Desktop Services provide the tools needed to centralize and automate management across wired and wireless devices.
Do you worry about recovering from a security breach?
With security threats increasing, you must have a business continuity plan. When you choose AT&T Virtual Desktop Services, your cloud-based desktop environment is backed up and replicated across multiple AT&T Internet Data Centers, so employees can stay productive.
How will your application perform in a hosted desktop environment?
AT&T Virtual Desktop Services are delivered from world-class AT&T Internet Data Centers with direct connections into the 10GB AT&T Ethernet backbone. So, users can experience the same reliable, high-performance service delivered by a traditional environment.
Which applications are good candidates for a virtual desktop solution?
AT&T offers a Virtual Desktop Assessment Service to help determine how you can benefit from a cloud-based desktop solution and which applications could provide the best return on investment.
Designing Your Virtual Desktop Solution
An AT&T project manager works closely with you to develop a plan and timetable for your transition to a hosted desktop environment. As part of the "service discovery" and design process, we gather information on the existing desktop, data center and network environments to be involved in service delivery, as well as data flows and security issues, and submit a project plan and scope for your approval.
Virtual Desktop Service Directory
To deploy the AT&T Virtual Desktop Service, AT&T:
- Provides the physical infrastructure in a secure AT&T Internet Data Center
- Manages the network, server and storage infrastructure supporting service delivery
- Establishes network connections between the AT&T cloud and your existing data center environment, if required (VPN/MPLS)
- Implements the cloud-based desktop environment:
- Develops and implements run book and processes
- Configures VLAN and security policies
- Configures server farm and loads applications
- Creates SAN volumes
- Publishes applications based on Active Directory policies
- Creates accounts and user profiles, defines custom settings
- Migrates data and users
- Tests and validates connectivity to the AT&T hosted desktop environment
- Assists in cutover to "go live" environment
- Leads a post-migration review session to transition Tier 1 support to customer operations team
- Provides service monitoring tools for proactive issue resolution
The AT&T Service Desk provides 24x7 support to end users and IT staff. Support includes:
- A direct inward dialing (DID) number to the AT&T Service Desk
- Logging and tracking of service requests, change requests and incidents through closure
- Notifications when issues are resolved
- Adherence to ITIL-based processes
- Incorporation of run book for diagnostic and maintenance activities
- Escalation of incidents, problems and changes to customer and vendor support team
- List maintenance of customer sources authorized to approve change requests
Alarms generated through AT&T Virtual Desktop Service monitoring tools are filtered, correlated and prioritized based on severity, and a ticket is created and tracked through the service desk workflow.
If you want to reduce risks and IT headaches with an enterprise-class cloud solution, ask your AT&T representative about AT&T Virtual Desktop Services.